[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello again, Joanne. I'm concerned that we haven't heard from you for a while. How are things going?
Hello again, Kkr. I think Alan is right when he says your uncle needs serious help. I think Alan is suggesting an ultimatum. However I don't think prison is the answer. Let's go through this. You have been telling your uncle time and time again to leave Grandad alone. If you tell him once more, will...
Hello again, Kkr. This is not my idea of "everything's going well". Grandad says he wants to die! That's dreadful! These should be the golden years of his life. It sounds as though Uncle is a sad man too; he has never established a proper place in society since leaving the Army. He seems to have moo...
. . . My neighbour actually locked my mum and I out of the building the other week and she is always waving her stick around.It is insane that nbody has dealt with her What sort of a care home is this, that this could happen? . . . It was the firedoor of the dayroom which she slammed shut with her ...
Hello, Mo. I agree with Elaine; probably no need to pack your bags just yet. Do contact Social Services about a needs assessment, and set up Power of Attorney. You are the best judge about how much of your time you want to and can care for your mother, but don't feel that you are obliged to give up ...
Hello again, A. I have had further thoughts and feel somewhat bothered by your situation. It involves in-laws, and these can often feature in family friction. It is your husband's father who has gone into a care home, and your husband's sister who wants him back in his own home. It is great that you...
Hello Chris. Firstly I would say don't be cagey about your four years of caring. Prospective employers expect you to account for any gaps in employment. You could say you took a career break to care for a relative, then, as Rosemary suggested, back this up with positive statements about the transfer...
Hello, A. Your father-in-law is now in the right place. He seems to be happy to stay there rather than return home. Carers at home have not worked out. Don't let your sister-in-law dictate otherwise. She does not appear willing or able to offer care herself. Even it she could, that would not be the ...
Hello Jake. It is bad enough that you have a manipulative mum but your situation is more complicated than most because of your mum's latest daughter. On your own admission, and understandably, you have developed a parental-type bond, though it would be more orthodox for you at your age to be aspirin...
. . . My neighbour actually locked my mum and I out of the building the other week and she is always waving her stick around.It is insane that nbody has dealt with her What sort of a care home is this, that this could happen? Usually entry to and exit from a care home is checked by a code on a keyp...