Never a good move but ... as austerity works it way up the income scale , little option for many ... short of downsizing and / or moving into another area. I wonder how many students are financed by equity release loans ? Or , first time buyers making a move into the property market. The real fun w...
Thanks again for your comments, James. I am sorry you are less enthusiastic about Bulb. The best choice for one person may not be the best for another. It depends on how much fuel you use, and other things, including location. If the power goes off, phone the company that supplies the local electric...
. . . i went onto uswitch typed in my post code and i get the absolute max of 4 companies to pick from . ALL of which are far more expensive apart from 1 company called BULB . i live in a small ( ish ) town in Scotland that is serviced by very little in the way of companies . the choices i get when...
Good day, Pauleen. So your mum has made a will in what she sees as an equitable arrangement. Siblings can, and often do, share a jointly owned house perfectly happily. Things can get tricky if, for instance, one sibling later wants to move out while the other wants to stay put. The problem is that i...
Agreed - I don't think your mam actually intends to strait-jacket you, but that is the situation perceived by outsiders and what seems to be happening. You say yourself your life is constrained. Probably her behaviour arises from fear of a new situation. You could address this, if you were to get a ...
Hello again, George. I'd like to add something to the excellent advice you have had recently from Changlyn and Sally. This is regarding your desire to find a partner and perhaps ultimately become a family man. You seem to think that your weight may make you less attractive. By all means try to slim,...
Hello, Phoebe. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. It is sad enough to have a loved one with limited time left, and having to wrestle with decisions does not make things easier. Please don't have bad feelings about the hospital. The prime function of a hospital is to cure illness, and of co...
Hello again, George. Back from holiday I have been seeing how you have been getting on. Twice this week my mam mentioned she'd talked to Jean Straughan (an 80-something woman in my village which she knows). She'd had a son (a year younger than my mam) who qualified to go to the University of Cambrid...
Thanks for your reply James. It sounds as though you are either detached from the National Grid or have only a weak link to it. British Gas is much cheaper than the others so it sounds as though British Gas actually supplies the energy to your area. For other companies it is either expensive so they...
James - I should be interested to know where you live. On some island detached from the National Grid perhaps? You are a very exceptional case if indeed you are so restricted in energy companies. In mainland Britain the energy providers feed a national grid to which consumers are connected. The so-c...