[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Six years ago I came across something on line that said 'anyone can draw and paint' surely not I thought? having always wished to be artistic but lacked the skill. I spent those years practicing and trying to draw portraits, loads of books and on-line courses.. this year I tried my hand at landscape...
So, here we are a few months later. I got to parents house this morning to find them VERY distressed, my poor Mum who is starting with vascular dementia and gets very confused very easily was subjected to a 'person' on the telephone from DWP, telling her off for not informing them she had a carer, a...
Just to update - I contacted my MP today who made a call to the DWP. By the end of the day it was all sorted out and will be with me early next week. Bloke I spoke to at dwp when he phoned was very nice and explained it all to me :D
Thanks BB x
thank you, it was helpful.
Thanks BB, no she is not bedbound - she sleeps in the chair during the day but rarely makes her bed till early hours, that is my Dad's dept then. Yes there is someone there all the time. The GP surgery is a disaster, the GP who rules the practice is off sick and 'hopefully' going to retire as he was...
They really think they are doing us a favour dont they? I had more forms to fill in over 2 weeks ago, with full details of my earings as a Self Employed person. My Dad got a form too to say he is no longer able to care for Mum on his own ( he cant even look after himself, in truth I look after them ...
Very interesting to me. My Mum is sleeping about 19/24 hours a day. We have no answers so far as to why. She does have CHF, and Angina. We have been to the 'memory clinic' and they said it was not dementia, and had a CT scan just over a week ago and awaiting results. Mum is getting worse by the day,...
I am still awaiting diagnosis for Mum, but things are getting much worse.

My Mum said today "Sorry, I am just useless arent I?" I had to wait 3 hours to let those tears out. I am always saying its fine they both looked after me now its my turn, but does not seem to help much.
My goodness, I thought I just had a bad day. I am not qualified to help, but I do hope you take onboard the advice given above. You need some help, and asking for it is not being selfish in any way, life is far too short not to put you first for a while - if you dont, who will? You have no need to e...