[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My MIL with advanced dementia, living in a care home, is on a low dose of daily diazepam, to help stop her getting anxious and distressed. It does seem to help her. (Were she still living with me it would be ME who would be on diazepam - and probably quite a high dose......) I have to echo, to an e...
Hello. Welcome to the forum. My husband has vascular dementia and suffered strokes. Now sadly in a nursing home. Before dementia was diagnosed he had times of being very weepy and seemed depressed. I really explain your concerns to your grandads doctor. You may benefit from talking with an admiral ...
Hi Helen, I'm really worried for you. OK, so you are a trained paid carer, however caring for a relative is an entirely different matter. Have you and dad and uncle agreed how much time off you are going to get, pay, holidays etc. So many people have ended up caring 24/7 almost by accident. Have yo...
Hello Helen and welcome to the forum. I regret to say that the mood swings you describe are just par for the course and a 'normal' part of dementia - whether it be vascular dementia, Alzheimer's or any of the other types of dementia. Unfortunately it's only going to get worse as his dementia progre...
Hey there, I've been living with my grandad now for five weeks. He's been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia and I moved into provide support as my Dad and Uncle were struggling to care for him around their work priorities. I've also got my care qualifications due to having previously worked in an EMI...
My books vary but currently reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King again (because I was psyched about the T.V. show coming out but I'm yet to actually sit down and watch it) as well as the Blacktop Cowboy series by Lorelei James on my kindle. Luckily I've been able to read quite a bit recently which is go...