[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Melly1 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:47 pm
Worrywort,

Penny might be referring to this thread https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... care-42652

The Care to be different site is here https://caretobedifferent.co.uk

Melly1
Thank you, I’ve found the thread now x
Thank you . I wish I hadn’t instructed solicitor now, they aren’t being that helpful and I’m having to fill the forms in myself so not sure why I bothered ! Too late now thiugh as I’m tied into contract - it’s no win no fee. Re the bags. I’ve had an ileostomy 35 years and it’s fine. 5 years ago a hy...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 pm
My mum had what was an apparently good case, I paid a solicitor £10,000 in total, but got nowhere. Rip off.

Nightmare, sorry to hear that 😕
Worrywart ... you need to look at the site “Care To Be Different”. Loads of free advice on there. Advice on there enabled me to get Fast Track Continuing Health care for my Mum for the last couple of months of her life. I emailed them and thanked them. PS. I left you a message on another thread abo...
Hi, I’ve applied for retrospective CHC in respect of my late mother. I’ve appointed a NO win No fee solicitor and I’m already regretting it . I didn’t realise that it appears all they do is submit the NHS application in my behalf but to complete that you need quite a lot of knowledge about CHC which...
Condolences I just had a google search and I don't know if this link with help... https://www.carehome.co.uk/advice/can-i-be-held-responsible-for-my-parents-care-home-fees From the web site If they pass away, their estate will be liable to pay for outstanding fees When a person dies, the care home ...
Unless I'm missing something obvious, I would have thought that your mother would have been eligible for fast-track CHC when she was discharged from hospital in March. The fact that her doctor declared her end-of-life and that she possibly only had a few weeks to live would definitely lend weight t...
Unless I'm missing something obvious, I would have thought that your mother would have been eligible for fast-track CHC when she was discharged from hospital in March. The fact that her doctor declared her end-of-life and that she possibly only had a few weeks to live would definitely lend weight t...
Hi all, My mother died in August in a care home, she’d been there 5 years following a brain injury. She had detiorated massively in last two years , doubly incontinent, bed bound, no communication, totally reliant on Carers for everything. She was hospitalised Feb 20 and when she was discharged in M...
Hi Yes the debt relates to her care. As you know the council take all her income and the shortfall between that and the cost of the home accrues as a debt - her small house ( value about £70k) has a charge on it so we will have to sell it to repay the debt. It’s a bit more complex than that but that...