[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi all, I posted many years ago when I was a carer, I then became seriously disabled following surgical complications so my mother went into a home, she had had a brain haemorrhage and now has vascular dementia. The financial side is a worry and because of my own ill health I’m worried I’m missing s...
Thanks all. We looked into CHC but she didn’t qualify. She didn’t really tick the boxes as she is better than she was, she now has vascular dementia but wouldn’t qualify. The council Are the letting agents so they found the tenants and did actually do quite a bit of work on the property to bring it ...
Hi all, Wondering if anyone has been in my situation . My mother is in a care home following a brain haemorrhage. I cared for her then had serious surgical complications myself rendering me disabled. So mum had to go into a home. She owns her own modest property whihc was disregarded at first but is...
Thank you susieq, I will give them a ring on Monday :)
Hi all, I've been awarded PIP enhanced care. I am also in receipt of ESA contribution based ( support group ). My husband doesn't receive any benefits - he's recently finished work to look after me and received a pension from his former employer. We have claimed Carer allowance but the letter he has...
Yes I do have POA BB , we've never used it as this decline has been so sudden. The two cheaper care homes - well one is - good 45 minute drive away in a town we never ever go to. Her sisters do not drive and we haven't family links there at all. The other one had really bad Cwc report and a few peop...
There is so much to know BB and I'm afraid I don't know much about this as all this has happened in the last 8 weeks. She has had the CHC assessment but even that was a shambles. There was no CPN involved - my mother is in a hospital out of county owing to no beds in county. As she had been under a ...
Thank you all for your replies. It is exhausting. Plus I'm still recovering from a perforated bowel so have lots going on there too. So she is still in hospital In the last month I have been told she needs EMI nursing, then EMI residential then dual registered. There are no beds in any of the homes ...
Ok Bb thank you.
I'm worn out by it all as I'm sure we all are who have been in this situation .
Thanks for reply xx
Hi BB - she has had a CHC assessment. As usual it's been quite confusing. Since being in hospital she has stabilised and her previously challenging behaviour is now manageable. So based on how she is now she does not qualify. The do say it's an going situation with my mother - she had a brain haemor...