[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Londonbound wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Action against Medical Accidents

https://www.avma.org.uk/

They work to prevent medical accidents.

And help and support people who have suffered.
Thank you that looks helpful I will check it out
Problem is Bowlingbun there is a three year time limit which is up next week. I did take legal advice but it would mean I’d have to sue the doctor who is currently treating me. It’s very difficult as he is actually lovely, and I’m-not sure was even negligent but oh i don’t know what to do anymore. H...
Hi all, I’ve been a member on here for years since my mum had brain haemorrhage. She now has end stage vascular dementia and even though she is in a care home, I oversee everything. I really hope it’s ok to post this. Ironically I now receive care from my husband - here’s my story. I’m 60 this year ...
Good morning, An update and more advice please if possible. My mum remains in hospital following pneumonia and high sodium levels. She has responded well to treatment. I saw the Consultant yesterday and what he said has plagued me ever since. He said she niw has a diagnosis of advanced dementia and ...
Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your sad situation. I went through a similar thing with my Dad last year. I found this page [link supplied] to be very helpful in explaining what was happening through the stages. There is a paragraph that talks about dementia and spoon feeding/nutrients etc. I hope i...
Thank you both for your replies, She hasn’t been referred to a hospice. I have asked but in all honesty where I live it’s all a bit of a nightmare. She remains in hospitsl and looks dreadful. She looks terribly frail snd is literally skin on bone. She is having some puréed food so at least I know sh...
Hi, My mother is 81 and has a brain injury and more recently vascular dementia. I did look after her until I suffered catastrophic surgical complications myself. She is in a home. My mother’s situation is killing me at the moment. She has advanced dementia and everything that comes with that. She ca...
sorry Penny, with great difficulty. My husband is my carer but a reluctant one.
Xx
Ok be gentle 🙏 Brief background - mother had brain haemorrhage in 2012, I gave up work to care for her in 2012. I had surgery in 2015 which went catastrophically wrong leaving me with 3 stoma bags, mother went into a home in 2015. She owns a small terraced house, The property was disregarded was 12 ...
Thank you
I have read that but I’m still confused on one point , can I pose a question please ?