[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Jenny Yes mum is excited...she's very pleased. I'm trying to transfer my MSc to another university with a better colour scheme.......so far my requests have been rejected.......it seems in order to please an old lady I will have to wear the colours ascribed by......mores the pity.......however mu...
Hello Well, its interesting I never thought mum would be so keen to sell up and move, but maybe waiting until she was done with it was the right move. She doesn't get upset anymore over it now, she just wants to go and be where she can potter and have a social life plus a nice easy bungalow to enjoy...
Just to update you all, in the end did not need mitigating circumstances with my MSc, I passed it of my own accord, and mum is a very proud old lady......stupidly I am about to embark on a research fellowship for PhD....life goes on and we have to carry on regardless. I have stopped trying to predic...
Hi Jenny, Thank you for that response, and I agree with you. I think that there seems to be some misunderstanding here, this isn't a case of a lonesome son handling advanced dementia, if that was the case I would be writing about things differently in the past tense, no one can give that kind of car...
Thanks Anne001 Not forgetting the original title of this thread 'can people with dementia live at home?' Well, I think the answer to that is in the support they get to live at home safely. My job is not done yet, I don't deny I have moments where I wish it would end, but that isn't because of mum, i...
I just think we are failing people with mild dementia, it isn't because I haven't tried, God knows I have, but not everyone with dementia has an ideal support network, my story shows this. I can't be all things to all people, I can't resolve sibling disputes as much as in my heart I want it all to s...
I have a boss homing in on me out of genuine concern, I have a mum who is still functional and able to live at home and I have me to deal with. The problem isn't a need for residential care right now, she doesn't need that yet, the problem is in the break down of her siblings not getting on and not ...
Well everything has led to me having a personal crisis a real bout of depression, and those promises I eluded to aren't there, lots of goodwill speech, but the reality no one wants to really help. So I am booked into to see my GP, signed off from work and left even more isolated than before. Ya just...
Hello bowlingbun, Yes your are right, but given mums only social support lasted 8 weeks (yes 8 weeks funding), the help ran out a year ago. Unless Theresa May has new radical plans for social care, we are stuck! No its not easy, I may have failed my MSc because of this, and I am sure the emotions of...
Thanks SheWolf. I am also concerned for my own health. But I am also concerned that I carry out what I said I would do until the time comes I can't anymore. Sometimes we are left out of family and have to solely make choices and decisions and to do what we have to do on our own. My brother had baile...