Bowlingbun: my physical self has crashed a bit!! I expected it to happen. I’m on antibiotics for Tonsillitis and I have thrush in my mouth and insomnia!! More stress coming up as we are moving next weekend. I love a hard life :lol: I haven’t really had time to grieve as I had to work through most of...
I felt the need to come back to re visit some of my old posts, it is like a sense of healing. My mum passed away on 4th August after being in hospital for almost 2 months. Like many experiences I have read here, she didn’t die of anything in particular but gradually stopped eating and drinking over ...
Mum almost didn't make it, yesterday was a very hard day indeed but the acute assessment team have been just fantastic and really pulled all the stops out. Thank you again for your support, I'm sure I will be needing your help again if my mum pulls through and what help/support etc she is entitled t...
Thank you all for your input. The situation was worse than I expected when I got to my mums this morning, she is really quite ill and was in a terrible state and I found her lying in her own excrement severely dehydrated. She is back in hospital in isolation and being taken good care of. They really...
OK thank you bowlingbun ( you always come to my rescue). My mum doesn't help by pretending she is fine to the professionals but they should have spotted that pressure sore in hospital. The OT thought she seemed ok and she was able to use her frame and the physiotherapist said she was ok on the stair...
I hope you can help me, I'm at my wits end now. My 86 year old mum was discharged from hospital on Thursday after being in for an infection in her leg after her cat bit her. If you check my other recent post 'I've had enough' there are more details about her health issues which are many. I've been w...
Another thought provoking and sensitive Christmas advert from JL, it made me teary as it is close to home and very relevant in today's society. There are those poor elderly people that are on their own every day including Christmas Day and your dad was very lucky to have you in his life. I like your...
I think often in a family of 2 or more children, one of them is Unselfish and the others are selfish, more than happy to leave any burden to the dutiful son or daughter. The nicer we are, the more that is put upon us and I really have had enough of it. My sister is always moaning about their poverty...
My eldest son is quite horrified by my stand on things. He is 26 and has a busy life with career and social life but to give him his due, he is very good in that he visits his grandmother very couple of weeks or so and brings her some goodies. He calls her in between too but he has never had to do t...
Yes and the diddums thing was really quite shocking!! It was a missed opportunity to break free in my mind...if that or similar is ever said to you again, then walk out! Sometimes enough really is enough! I've walked out on my mum before when she was rude to me or told me what to do with regards to ...