Hi Carers Does anyone know on how I can get help with forms to become a deputy for the welfare of my severely disabled daughter, I feel time is now becoming more difficult with the health service professionals being shoddy, and very uninformative around my daughters well being. It's becoming more di...
<t>Hi Everyone<br/> <br/> Update so far is that I have still got my solicitor, even though Waltham Forest doubled the funding, which is still no where near enough what she used to have. In the meantime Waltham Forest have got the NHS involved and my daughter passed the continuing care assessment and...
<t>Thanks Bowlingbun and Marie for your support, where was I when that guide was written, especially the one for carers, I would certainly say my human rights have been breached by the Council and I wished this was written before 1994, when I was advised strongly to accept voluntary redundancy from ...
Interesting day today, by 4pm if my solicitor does not get a positive response to his final letter, then this will be going to high court. Hopefully, there is an end in sight. Will let everyone know the response when I get it. However, the solicitor has pointed out a very worrying threat social serv...
<t>So far the update to this situation, the DLS solicitors have instructed a counsel and applying to the LSC for a certificate for public funding. The Health facilitator is seeking continuing care and has done an assessment, but I have found evidence that my daughter was assessed in 2006 and was in ...
<t>A new review the same outcome, according to social services the RAS tool does not allow them to put down that a person needs 2-1 support, so all hours are equal whether the person has more support needs than others, this tool has wiped 80% of my daughter's service package.<br/> <br/> Today I have...
<t>Update so far:<br/> <br/> 6th November had another review by social services, and also the health services. They are hoping that the health service can joint fund to increase the money to buy more time for my daughter's community care. This idea has come from a social worker who has come out of r...
<t>Sorry friends, still fighting, so far the excuse is that they are using a new assessment tool called a resource allocation system (RAS), which social services say whatever that tool generates they can cut services by more than half. The previous service my daughter had was £2,305.04 per week, it ...
<t>Update so far:<br/> <br/> The Council are accusing me of refusing support as little as it may be, even though I wrote on 3 occasions accepting the cut on a basis of appeal, to which to date have been ignored.<br/> <br/> They have also said: <br/> <br/> "To revert to an old care package based on c...
<t>I will never have trust in social services who supposed to be helping disabled, sick and elderly, whereas the carer only comes in last. But in this situation there's never been any explanation has to why such a cut in my daughter's service, and why say I am to have 14 days a year respite and not ...