Hi there Andrea I have been through similar, so I can give you my insight, if that might help at all. First of all, I am so very sorry that this is happening to you and your lovely family. Depression is a debilitating, life-sapping, energy-less state of mind, that is difficult to fight - and awful f...
Hi Emma I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about this. My experience for over 17 years was in putting up with my (now ex-) husbands volatile moodswings, primarily because of concealed depression. He blamed me for all the unhappiness in the house, became angry when I wouldn't side with...
Remember that this is a site for former carers, as well as current carers. There are many of us here bearing the scars of caring which may get better, but never heal entirely. We can never turn ourselves back to the person we once were, only discover a "new normal". All I want from life now is to b...
There are two facebook groups that I am part of. They are both closed - so only members of the groups can see what you post. One is Parents of Kids with Schizophrenia https://www.facebook.com/groups/461789313858387/? its American and very active. The other is Pops UK https://www.facebook.com/groups...
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure attacking me for keeping cash is productive. This is my home for goodness sake. My husband is not a layabout or a monster. He works full time and keeps the roof over our heads. He is an attentive and affectionate parent. He is committed ...
Well he has made it official,he has decided to finish our 25years of commitment,love and friendship which we had in our marriage!! I am so shocked,that he has decided what he wants after just 1 1/2 weeks of being appart!! I feel that he had already worked out what he wanted and was just waiting for...
Thankyou Jane for you best wishes and support.xx And Jenny for your understanding of the situation I am in at the moment.xxx He has messaged me again,nothing's changed it's still my fault!! He says that he is willing to change,but l obviously don't think l need too and he can't live with someone wh...
Thanks Janet and so sorry to hear your story, but I am pleased to hear that he is improving. You're amazing going to such drastic measures to help him. I did give up my job for C but we have other children to think of too. One is only 5, bless her... He used to suffer from debilitating migraines an...
Thankyou Jenny, I have had a wonderful talk with my children today and by the end l felt a weight lifted,l know what l need to do to make their lives better. I wish now that l had the courage to get out earlier for the sake of the kids,but l kept thinking l was doing the best thing for all of us. I...
Hi Jenny Thank you so much for reading my post and taking the time to answer me. He was 100% normal until he was 12 1/2. He was bright, talented in multiple areas, popular. A few things happened then - I was diagnosed withal an autoimmune disorder, he broke his arm, and he also started puberty. At ...