Thanks for the advice, very sorry to hear about your husband. :(
Pope_Pourri - so sorry for the lack of response to your reply, for some reason I didn't get a notification of the updated thread. Sorry to hear that your mother is in a similar situation to my mum. As an update to my mother's condition - she had to go into a care home as she was deemed unable to loo...
My brother and I are thinking that mum would be better off in her own home. Moving her to a care home would mean once again putting her into unfamiliar surroundings which, as proved by her being in hospital, has noticeably exacerbated her Dementia symptoms. We are also being guided by mum's hospital...
My mother has dementia and now needs a 24 hour live in carer, no doubt for the rest of her life. Which companies are particularly great at providing excellent live in carers? I've already had Bluebird Care and Homeinstead suggested to me, are they any good or are there any others? My mother lives in...
Thanks very much for the words of advice - a Continuing Healthcare Assessment form has already been completed (I signed it at the hospital when I was there yesterday). I appreciate the advice about eh "love lies",. but I have yet to find a way to get mum to calm down or to really accept what I say. ...
My 93 year old mother sadly had a fall a week ago and is now in hospital. Before the fall she was showing some signs of dementia but not enough to indicate that she wasn't able to function independently. Unfortunately since the fall she has become considerably worse (CT scans revealed no obvious bra...
Well done on your relative success - my mum at least has a gardener and a fortnightly cleaner, I just have to find the right way and right moment to persuade her to have a health care visitor. Craftiness and cunning appears to be in order. :) I do hope that my letter to her doctor will also help. Th...
I think that's a good approach, thanks for the tip. I'll see what I can do. :)
Thanks, that's an interesting idea. Not sure if mum would want to help or teach others in that regard, but I'll have a ponder.
That's a good idea, thanks for the suggestion.

I just wish that I could think of a way to suggest to her that she needs a local carer to pop in on her regularly (without the mere suggestion upsetting mum).