Thanks Suzie, yeah something like that would work! But maybe a bit cheaper. I'll have a look around online.
Hi all Are there services that call up and remind someone its time to take their Meds? My mum is OK to left on her own but she does need reminding to take her medication. Until I have the carers in place, then it's down to me really but I am hopefully going back to work next week so would like to pu...
I've sent you a PM, hon!
Chris, not sure where you are based but this is the agency I'm going to use. They offer lots of services, including shopping trips, appointments, home care, etc

http://www.bluebirdcare.co.uk/home
Hi Chris, yep, her GP has made arrangements for blood tests, she has currently got a UTI so is taking antibiotics but I would have expected to see an improvement by now as the course ends on Saturday. She has to return to the GP for another urine sample tomorrow to check if it's still there. Her GP ...
Hi Chris, I'm quite new myself but I am in a similar situation with my mum, although I live with her anyway. She has started experiencing confusion and repeating herself and forgetting what time/day it is! Her GP thinks it might be a UTI, I'm not convinced. Anyway, I'm off on hols in a month and sta...
Hi Jenny, I'm guessing the reason they did a CAT scan was to check that she hadn't had another stroke or mini stroke which were causing her symptoms. I took your advice and closed all the doors apart from the toilet and left the light on, and I had a much more peaceful night! Her friend is coming to...
Hi Fi, I'm pretty new to the forum myself! I'm also a carer for my mum who is 80. I've been caring for her in some way, shape or form for the past 10 years but she has gotten worse lately, and we believe she has the onset of dementia. It's been fun and games this past weekend with her wandering arou...
Sent my mum off to bed! I'm relaxing with a wine and some mindless reality tv :D I've closed all the other doors and left the toilet door open with the light on.... Fingers crossed for no wandering tonight! Funny how I can have an intelligent convo with her about formula 1 but she can't find the blo...
Thanks Bernadette, yes I've been agreeing with her today and it makes life a lot easier! Her GP is sending round the community nurse to draw the blood and I'm going to the surgery tomorrow to collect the pot for the urine sample. She has currently got a UTI which she is taking antibiotics for, but I...