As of today. Mum has been in hospital for 6 weeks. A long, strange 6 weeks, including one period when she had an internal bleed and I was given "The Talk" by the doctor. She's been moved to a nursing home today, she isn't happy, but there's no other choice as caring for her at home isn't really doab...
The will sounds great to me. When your mum has a financial assessment from the local authority, they might ask for a copy of the will, but in any case, they cannot sell the house as it would make you homeless. There was a landmark court case on this subject earlier in the year, I know I put the det...
If the will says your Mother has only a 'life time' interest in the property then I'm pretty sure she can't sell it before it comes down to you. Yes, that's more or less what it says. I'm also pretty sure that if you are over 60 and it is your only home then it can't be sold to pay for your Mum's c...
Hoping someone will know the answer to this! My grandmother formerly owned this house, and I've just managed to get a copy of her will (she died in 1994). It says the house is left to my mother and my father (who is now deceased) for the length of their life. On the surviving partner's death, it is ...
(I wouldn't worry too much about her 'not enjoying' outings - just take her anyway without giving her a choice in the matter - your life counts as well, you know! You're her carer, not her slave.... (!!!!)) --- PS - about the rabbit you found - surely it must belong to someone (though maybe it was ...
I saw a post on here a couple of days ago which gave a link to Carer's Assessments and a list of things to ask, things that can be claimed for.

Can't find the post or link now, can anyone help?

I think I badly need another assessment!
PS: it's funny eh..... I've been a member on here for ages, but for some reason I only post here when I'm feeling the pinch. I'll add that to my mental list of indications my coping skills are weakening.... :D
I'd love to Bowlingbun, but whenever I feel desperate, the 3 months waiting list just puts me off. What I would really like, is some kind of emergency respite - I can just about cope, but not knowing that there is any kind of backup if I get really desperate, even for 24hrs, doesn't help. Mum's soci...
I have my 2 dogs, but I get so little time off from caring that they don't get walked every day (which kills me TBH - but mum can't be left on her own). We do have a weekly appointment, an hour's 1-1 agility session one a week where my younger dog can do some "work" and even my elderly one likes to ...
Getting someone into respite can be very difficult. There is such a limited availability in my area, that there is a 3-4 month waiting list. When you are a carer you are very much living day-to-day, so planning that far in advance seems almost impossible. Hence why I haven't had a 24-hr period to my...