[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Melly1 wrote:Hi Jessica,
What did you do before caring for your Mum?

Melly1
I was working in a private care home, for palliative, cancer, Motor neuron and dementia etc.
Hi Jessica I see , it is such a juggling act isn't it between time, care needed, money and benefits. I suggest perhaps a card in a shop window or perhaps Gumtree stating how many hours a week you are looking for and a bit about your experience. Have you thought about Domicillary care- I do a few ho...
I am employed through social services to care for mum, that is my employment and monthly income. That was outcome of assessment. I presume this must be through Direct Payments. I think it would be worth checking with Carers Uk if you are being taken advantage of with this arrangement. If SS were pa...
Hi Jessica Sorry to hear about the circumstances you find yourself in but I hope this site can offer you a little bit of support and advice. The one thing I think may be of quick practical help for you is either to reduce your working hours a little bit , or if this is not possible to do a bit of c...
Hi Jessica, Welcome to the forum. Have a look at the Upfront guide to caring https://www.carersuk.org/upfront/ it will help you check what financial support you would be entitled to. If it doesn't help then it will also give you info about how to contact the helpline. I agree with Jenny and BB, you...
Jess, I'm so so sorry to hear of your dreadful predicament. I can't give you any practical advice, but I do know that there are folk here who have experience of caring for those who've suffered strokes, plus they have a great knowledge of how the SS/NHS works etc etc, to ensure you are having the M...
I care for my mother, she is only 48yes old. Will be 2 years in September since she had her stroke. It is difficult, you learn to adapt. I got in contact with social services, who came and done an assessment on my mum, as a result I have been given working hours to care for her. But I am also findin...
Where to start? I am 24, living on on my own but caring for my 48yr old mother who had life changing strokes almost 2 years ago, left side of brain so has affected speech and understanding. I have working hours of 22 and a half a week to care for her. So I do not qualify for carers allowance, housin...