Sorry I wrote Lucy instead of Jenny!!
Hope you understand Jenny!
Shows where my mind is??
Snapper.
Thank you Susieq, Lucy and Mrs Average for taking the time to respond to my 'problem.' It always amazes me that there are people like you who come up with such valuable comments! I am trying to use all suggestions and am finding the 'link' provided by Mrs A, re Paranoia, to be quite fascinating. I d...
Thank you to all those people who replied to my earlier posts! I followed most of the advice given. I now have Social Services assisting and have regular visits from carers! A 'problem' that I am finding difficult to deal with is my wife's constant and acute anxiety/fear! She has become quite parano...
<t>Will our daughter's claiming Carer's Allowance effect my wife's Attendance Allowance?<br/> <br/> My wife is in receipt of the Attendance Allowance due to her having had a serious Stroke in 2011. <br/> Although I am registered as her Carer (24/7), I am not allowed to receive any Carer's Allowance ...
<t>Dear Scally, weemocass, bowlingbun, Eun and loopylou,<br/> <br/> Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my query. It really does seem to be a Post Code lottery. I feel some empathy with each one of you and it certainly seems to be a case of "One size fits all" as far as the NHS is concer...
<t>Is there such a thing as an 'Official, Legally binding Pass', for Carers such as myself, caring for my wife who has significant Cognitive Impairment following a bi-lateral Thalamic Stroke please?<br/> My wife has had two 'sessions in hospital' recently and on both occasions I had real difficulty ...
Thanks Myrtle! Your comment is reassuring.
Best wishes,
Snapper xx
<t>Thank you for your continued interest poppett!<br/> Feeling a bit low at the moment as my wife has developed a UTI. This is causing even more loss of sleep for both of us. Our GP prescribed the usual antibiotic so I'm hoping that the situation improves. My wife seems to be more confused than usua...
<t>Hello Bowlingbun,<br/> Thank you for your welcome post, I appreciate your taking the time to write it. As you will certainly know being a full time Carer doesn't always allow for such 'luxuries.'<br/> My wife is receiving the Attendance Allowance thanks. I could do with a bit more 'me time.' I've...
<t>Thank you Matty! Your comments have encouraged me.<br/> Friends and neighbours who see my wife only occasionally all tell me how much she has progressed since the last time they met her. I'm trying to remain realistic though as I realise that she still has a 'long way to go!' I'm slowly coming to...