<t>I am lucky ass my school are supportive - but... if I don't work I don't earn and we need the money, so I work, and juggle, and work some more.<br/> Seems really unfair to me that I can't claim tax relief. would make a huge difference to us if I could. I feel like I am being penalized for trying ...
Just sounding off. I work 65 hours a week, teaching at school and at home to pay the mortgage etc, and as I work I get no financial help. So.... I have a parents evening tomorrow night - not something I can get out of, part of the job etc. And I am accused of deliberately staying out late and 'enjoy...
I guess its a bit like the old 'real men don't eat quiche' thinkg ( and no, he doesn't). Five years down the line he is still in denial. Don't blame him really as just as he gets used to how he feels he get worse and has to deal with a whole load more new symptoms with the knowledge that there is no...
thanks everyone for your support. I guess what I find hardest is maintaining some sort of enthusiasm when my oh is very negative. He has clinical depression because of the ms but refuses any sort of medication as 'real men don't take medicine'. http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif . It can ...
<t>any one else out here with experience of caring for this? MS society is too geared up for sufferers and doesn't really seem to recognise that we have our own issues. Both mother (deceased and very much missed) and husband are suffereres - as to be honest - so am I - it may not physically affect m...
<t>more....<br/> <br/> don't judge yourself by what others seem to do. You are you. Don't feel guilty about how you feel. Instead accept it as normal. You did not ask to be put in this position and are doing your best. You are allowed to feel frustrated and upset. <br/> <br/> My husband is ill and I...
Happy birthday Roxy.

Just remember that you are great. Being a carer is such hard work and makes you feel so low. You are amazing for caring what happens to your Dad.

I am thinking of you
<t>Hi,<br/> I seem to have spent most of my life caring. My Mother ( who died nearly twp years ago) had RR MS and once diagnosed my father went, so I - being the nearest child - did most of the caring - though she was amazing and determined to be independant. Then I did my stint as a mother ( which ...