[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Jenny, the head nurse certainly wasn't shocked so other people may have exhibited similar tendencies. As you say, it is a pleasant type of dementia compared to more paranoid thoughts which my mum also has.
Colin, that is a good question. She divorced when she was in her early thirties and never married again. I think she was often lonely. From stories of when she was young, she was fun loving with lots of dancing, boyfriends etc. I think that side of her might have come to the fore again.
My mum has vascular dementia and several other chronic health problems. She is in a nursing home. I have posted before about how much of an emotional struggle recent months/years have been and this lovely group have helped me enormously. I just wondered if any of you have experienced their folks hav...
One day I will not be frazzled and will be able to contribute valuable support and advice to this forum, rather than just asking for help! I recently posted regarding the utter trauma of the initial move of your caree to a nursing home. My mum has been there now for 11 days. it got better, though it...
You are all so kind and I apologise for not replying sooner or in more depth. I'm at a very low ebb. I've had anxiety and depression in the past and definitely having a flare up just now. Each day ive been to see mum every day this week and there are cheering things but also very upsetting things. S...
Sincere thanks to both of you. Hopefully things will settle down. they are definitely keeping a close eye on her, which is reassuring xx
Help. Am devastated at the reality of my mum being in nursing home. She needs a lot of care now, has just been discharged from hospital after 11 weeks in after developing a second brain bleed. She is blind, has copd, mild psychosis, terrible mobility and stroke damage to her right side. She was in s...
Bowlingbun, yes, I know what you mean. I was a complete pain in the butt in that ward. It's an exhausting role but I often feel sorry for old folk who don't have pushy adult children to keep an eye on what's going on.
I can't believe how kind you all are, to take time to post! It does make a difference to know that other people out there understand something of what is going on. It's been a hard week, mum went downhill suddenly but has rallied a little now. Her left side is moving again and her speech is better. ...
How fast things can move. My mum isn't doing too well, after brain bleed diagnosis she has worsened, now sleeps all the time, cant speak and has lost strength in her previously strong side. horrendous that she is like this. they are going to do another ct scan, bleed may have spread or may be healin...