[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you everybody. It really is so good to feel like I'm being heard by people who can relate to the ways that I feel. Thank you for all of your advice as well. I do actually already see a therapist - I've had various forms of counselling/therapy over the years and I find it really helpful. Thanks...
Sorry to hear this Susan, some people think it's their right to get involved and don't think at all about the consequences for anybody else. Hope both you and your son are ok.
Hi Gemma welcome to the forum i am caring for my hubby who has just recently been diagnosed with Dementia we are only in our 50s so am trying to come to terms with it like you said it is all new and dont know how to handle these situations so it is very daunting please never think you are alone tha...
Gemma, welcome to the forum. Do take a look at some of the postings on the Mental Health section lower down the list, as I'm pretty sure you will find folk there who are experiencing very similar situations as yourself. Coping with someone with MH issues is VERY hard - it's in a league of its own. ...
The fact she has five dogs does make me angry though because it's such a lot for me to deal with when she's not capable. The worst thing right now is that I'm not getting any sleep because they are so used to all sleeping in a bed with her and as a long suffering insomniac myself I simply can't face...
Hi bowlingbun. Thanks for your reply. Nice of you to ask about me. I'm 26. Which i guess is pretty young. I dropped out of school at 17 because of mum's illness and the fact that I ended up living alone when she was in long stay hospitals and needing to work to support myself... But I did eventually...
Thank you Pet66. I appreciate the thoughts!
Gem
Hi there, I've joined this forum in the hope that I might find people to talk to who are in a similar situation to me. I'm a carer/supporter (depending on what she needs - varies from month to month) for my mum who has borderline personality disorder. She is currently on a 'detox' programme at a reh...