[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hiya Cloudygal and Ayjay, The government has no right not to pay proper wages for long-term care. I'm not going along with the attitude they take that it's ok to keep people like us on the basics. It's an all-time wrong and I'll never accept it. At the end of the day, even if they pay for care and/o...
Agree Ayjay and Bowlingbun is right, this needs to be taken up by a large organisation such as carers UK. Over to you carers UK. I can, as an individual, pound the hell out of the services for ignoring and leaving my son's health in tatters, but I also have to live on an unreasonably low income whil...
I agree Ayjay, but getting a group together is a good idea anyway. We are stronger together than alone. Many carers are scared to be singled out by the authority. The government is making poor excuses for leaving us and they wish to. All in the name of money. Something has to be done. I will join Ma...
Tell me more.

What plan do you have to tackle this?

I'm interested.
Hiya Cloudygal, It's been an on-going situation due to non-listening professionals who are also time wasters. Amazing how they can send an email saying they're going to respond and then not do a week after emailing that they will. They've taken months as it is. Always the excuse of coronavirus now b...
Yet another week has gone by, with nonsense communications from the health team responsible for my son’s clinical heath. Mainly a concoction of complete unhelpful gibberish, which I’ve come to expect from them. Not that I should have ever got to the stage where it is ‘to be’ expected. As that should...
Hiya Melly, Yes this is the problem carers are overlooked as if it doesn't matter what we go through. What area are you in Melly? Is your area on local lockdown right now?
Hiya Melly1, He hasn't been investigated for Trigeminal neuralgia. I have requested a new M.R.I. scan but neurology who I have only had 1 telephone appointment with, are insisting on an EEG. J. has had an MRI in 2004, revealing Temporal lobe epilepsy, L.D., and autism. Video recordings taken in 2004...
Hiya Cloudygal, I hope you're keeping well. I have been fighting to get my son's health treatment for many years. He is waiting for neurology to act and they think a go slow with EEG's is the answer before they do anything else (All this has been done before and many times). The rest of his health t...
There appears to be a type of ‘herd immunity’ mentality amongst staff, working with people with a learning disability. As a team of professionals, they believe 1 module fits all. I use the words ‘herd immunity’ to mean a group of professionals who aren’t apt for any changes. Especially towards the m...