[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Looks like my great-granddaughter is on the way and will be here soon. My granddaughter has gone into hospital. Thinks her waters have broken and is being assessed right now. Meanwhile, I have my great-grandson here for the night. :D
Thing is Bill if they don't start wising up, then nobody will be prepared to take on unpaid care. At the moment, the whole situation is a joke.
They should be increasing carers allowance to £400.00 a week for a standard 35 hr week and in addition, increasing it to £15.00 an hr for any hrs over 35 hrs.
This whole situation is echos of when DWP/government first began their crusade against the unemployed/disabled some years ago, the few who spoke out about it were fobbed off as conspiracy loons and all the rest, more than a decade on some 100,000+ claimants deceased as a result of government policy...
I read this morning that those on the "front line" will get a 30% pay rise during the pandemic?! Hiya Bowlingbun, It's amazing how the government has pulled out all this money to help others in this crisis but never have they been fair to 'informal carers'. I actually take offense to this as do mos...
I agree with all you say. The Care Act was brought in to give more choice and control to give the elderly and disabled a better life, more fulfilling life, that they can live in the community with the right support. But I haven't seen any changes if anything care has got worse not better. Services ...
Yep ... interlocks with the main thread ... currently in the CAMPAIGNS section : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and-campaigns/campaigns-petitions/suspension-of-the-care-act-act-immediately-40083 Clap for the NHS ! Pray for carers and their carees ? Abandoned / expendable / ignored / treat as s...
I was reading the coronavirus bill, that was speedily passed through parliament before any carers organisations could complain about the relaxation of social care and obviously the Nhs and their previous responsibilities. Responsibilities they did not take seriously previously, in many care need cas...
well done charm, how dare they treat you like that. they thought they could intimidate you even before your meeting. sound like it was all planned like that to me. hang on in there and feel proud of yourself. Thanks, Pamela, The treatment has been going on too long, to be honest. I also think they ...
Well done. Having attended similar meetings I know you will feel utterly exhausted, but proud. Hiya Bowlingbun, I did feel exhausted afterward for sure. It shouldn't be like that either. The social worker wants to come out a do an assessment mainly to satisfy the department's paperwork. She made an...