[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks everyone. I know tomorrow is going to be really hard for me. Whether that will be because she will push me away or look really well, making me feel even more bad about my decision. The fact that she isn’t drunk every day makes it harder to deal with because I’m always on pins wondering if it ...
I suppose I’m writing this to try and ease my own guilt at Christmas. My mum has had a difficult life and as a result of this has been an alcoholic for over 10 years. Because of this I was taken into care at 11 and I have some awful memories of Christmas. Most years my carers would drop me off only ...
Thanks Michelle. I will definitely look into this. I'm currently appealing the decision to close her original claim on the grounds that she now needs an appointee to deal with mail and phone calls etc. I've never spoken to so many rude people on my life, as I have when contacting DWP are last few we...
Hi, I was just wondering if people could share there experiences of waiting for ESA applications to go through? My Mums was stopped on June but she only understood and told me in September. Since then we filled in a new application but it wasn't until recently I found out why the money had been stop...
Well from what I've pieced together, it's not her DLA that's stopped, it's her ESA. It sounds like the award has come to an end and she hadn't told them she had moved so didn't get the relevant letters. That form is now in but I have had to give her some money. Someone from DWP is visiting her today...
Really hoping someone can help me as I'm having a little panic here! My mum has received DLA and ESA for a number of years. We've recently had some issues about housing benefit as she ignored some letters and it was stopped. Unfortunately she struggled to understand the letters and didn't ask for he...
Don't worry, I'll burn the pizza off whilst taking the dog for a nice long walk before work!

If I'm struggling the get some form of counselling through my GP, I'm going to go through the uni as they might be able to offer something.
Well today took an interesting turn... Early afternoon my mum phoned me whilst I was at uni to say that she has phoned the DLA office, her money hasn't been stopped and they are going to send someone to help her fill out the PIP paperwork. However, she then got in a. If muddlt about how she shouldn'...
Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I'm so glad I found this site because I feel like my partner just doesn't understand what I'm going through. Whilst I agree with you all about taking control, I also feel a bit selfish and think why should I? I'm not certain she would agree to this anyway due ...
I've posted a lot recently saying that I'm struggling but now I really do feel that I am at my wits end. I'm exhausted and I think I just need someone to tell me that how I'm feeling is ok. I have had a really difficult year with my Mum. Everything about her mental health and disability is just cont...