I am full time carer for my husband but don't receive CA as in receipt of state pension. Apart from my bus pass, there are no privileges that I am aware of, which are available to me as his carer. We live in Birkenhead.
Hi there, I had similar situation with my own mother. From hospital she spent a month in a rehabilitation centre to see if she was capable of returning home; it was concluded she was not. On her return to the centre, she barricaded herself in her room, dragging the wardrobe to the door to hide the w...
Hello Barbara and welcome I had a similar situation with my own mother. In hindsight (which I know can be very clever), I think I had misplaced loyalty and can empathise with your current situation. You can only do what you can do. Perhaps the best advice I can give you, is to remember you have a li...
I don't believe anyone goes into caring for a loved one for the money. I care for my 80 year old husband 24/7 (I am 78). As I am in receipt of my state pension, I get paid nothing, it is considered a 'benefit'. I have given up quite a lot I suppose, but then I know he is cared for properly, safely, ...
Could not agree more with all of your comments/observations. I am 77 and full time carer for my 78 year old husband. Strange how my state pension which I paid into for the whole of my working life - from the age of 16 - is now classed as a benefit!
Hi Amanda, I do so empathise with you and also understand your mixed emotions. I had a degree in guilty feelings! I had an all too similar experience with my then mother in law who was violent. To cut a very long story short, she had to be admitted to a Secure EMI Unit, and this was via 2 nursing ho...
Hi Margaret, lovely to meet you. I find myself in exactly the same situation at yourself. Husband and I married 11 years ago when he was 67 and I was 65. I was totally aware of his health issues from the outset, but did not imagine for one minute that during the first 10 years of our marriage he wou...
Mine is 31st August 1940.
Hi Heather,
Prayers and kind thoughts on their way to you. X
Re falls - here on the Wirral we have a dedicated number to ring for people who have fallen. See if you have one too, response is swifter than an emergency ambulance. Hope you are OK. Good wishes anyway!