[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Lost my dad and my uncle, one after the other so no longer a carer. Miss them both lots but have memories and trying to pick my life back up again.
<t>I am feeling sad today. My dad's brother, with whom I shared the caring of my dad, is very ill in and despite doctors doing their best I have been warned that things may not turn out as I had hoped they would and for my uncle to have a lovely life which he has deserved. A very special and kind ma...
<t>I couldnt watch the whole programme as it was too distresssing. Shocking. Fortunately, I didnt have to put my dad in a home but did go to view a very good one as it seemed it could have gone that way. We cared for dad at home and like Biscuit it was a comfort to know that he was with me and was O...
<t>Hi Audrey<br/> <br/> The person who shared caring with me was my dad's brother. He looked after him during the day. However, he too is ill and went into hospital yesterday for the 3rd time in 8 weeks............. originally same time as my dad was admitted, with the same conditions (except Alzhei...
Audrey, I can see it now!! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif .............. yes, exactly the kind of thing. I have often done the conga to get him up to bed or on the way to the loo and sometimes with a full repertoire of old songs ('roll out the barrell', 'my old man's a dustman' and th...
<t>I shared caring responsibilities for my dad who had alzheimers, which could be quite stressful at times. He died recently and though I sometimes had to make personal choices, I wouldn't have swopped this time. I held on to him through thick and thin and right up to the end was still fighting his ...