[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Are there any good Nursing Homes nearby where you could persuade him to go for a rest and management of his catheter.Then if they could get their GP to assess his problems generally and see what he needs. he might even like it so much that he would stay.It is always the unknown which causes anxiety....
I agree with all of the above. The trouble with vascular dementia is that it comes and goes according to the blood supply to the brain. Tell her it just means that the blood doesnt always get to the memory centres properly, so she forgets to do things or how to do things. Some days she may be fine.I...
Ideally it would probably be better if you could advertise yourselves for someone who is qualified in Dementia care to come and look after your mother. They are out there but often difficult to find.It could be some one who works in a Dementia nursing home who would prefer to work less hours in a pe...
There should be a Falls Prevention programme in your area where you can do Chair based exercises until you are a little stronger.It may be under 'ACTIVE and the County name. I take a class every week in Derbyshire and people progress to standing up and we do action to music and songs and it really w...
Hope all goes well if only slowly. Counselling should be Therapeutic(ie Healing) Listening so you can find your way through your grief.It is not supposed to be telling you what to do. We all have to go through it, but it helps to feel that some one is there for you. Take it slowly, dont expect too m...
I was in a very similar position to you, in looking after my husband for 8 years He took ill 2 weeks after I retired from NHS. Every one has to go through the stages of grieving in their own individual way-Denial,Guilt, Anger, Sadness and finally Acceptance, though never forgetting. I reckon it take...
<t>Hope you contacted your local Carers organisation for information and support. They can help you to contact Social Services who should reassess your and your mother's needs.it is difficult looking after some one with dementia, as it does become a 2nd childhood and you should not feel guilty about...
<t>i have only just come across this.As a Carer Ambassador-E Midlands, this topic has very much come up.If as estimated 1 in 10 people are Carers, I think it is important to get support and also ex Carers-like me- can help those who are still caring. GP Practices are being encouraged to have PPGs ie...
<t>Get in touch with your local volunteer Carers agency or Carers UK itself has a telephone help line.It often helps to talk. Also, just try and keep to a strict routine of doing things-I will do this for 10 mins,15mins etc and eat regularly even if you don't want to. It does ease with time, but tha...
<t>This is very difficult for you. I have seen this before.If you are really worried, you need to inform your GP and Social Services and explain that your mother will always stand up for him.Keep at them to drop in at different time, unannounced.She is what is called 'A Vulnerable adult', and can't ...