Hi No an enforcement officer of both County Council and City Council can access the number and see who it has been issued to so they don't need to ask to see photo. I was once parked in bay and returned quickly to my car laden with shopping a little out of breath when approached by said enforcement ...
HI Chris Have been on Carers UK a while, but agree with what you say. My Mum has Vascular Dementia and I was main carer (don't live with her). Then she fell and broke her neck and spine. No spinal unit beds for elderly non operative. So braced, after suffering double pneumonia, she spent 5 weeks in ...
Hi Sharon

Hope your Mum is doing well. We bought a great seat for passenger seat, it is a bit like a microwave turntable, Mum sits on it and then it tuns without her having to twist torso, legs or hips. Could not transporter without it.

Good Luck
Hi Sarah I feel for you, I have had many clashes with Carers myself. You have mention quite a few problems. 1. In terms of times, most care companies use the clients home to record when they arrive or depart, you can buy a handset that will monitor this for you. BT Advanced Phone. Some of my Mum's C...
Hi All

Question really I have asked Social Worker for copy of Care Needs Assessment Form but she just keeps saying what the budget is. What I really want to know is how they reached that.

Any help gratefully received.
Hi All Need some Guidance on Severe Disability Premium please. My Mum used to get this, until my brother moved into the house and she no longer lived alone. The only reason he moved in was to help her still live in her own house. If I remember it was about £80.00 per week allowance. But I never clai...
Hi All Does anyone have any experience on choice of care agency if County Council funding care. Have been told it has gone to brokerage and only one agency available. Also told social worker only allocated after care package in place, seems odd would have thought other way around. Any views. Many th...
Hi Joanne Sorry to hear of your problems. The weight loss could well be explained by the onset of dementia as my Mum lost nearly six stone in nine months that was with monitoring her food after she lost three. She simply could not remember if she had eaten or not. The other you might want to check o...
Hi I am no expert on this but have Mum in hospital with broken neck and dementia. When they suggested she go home with carers coming and nurses I asked hospital to complete a Continuing Health Care Checklist. What the social worker is saying is outside of her remit. Do some research on the Checklist...
Thank you for spotting that error, yes indeed it should read. Thanks for all advice they have now completed the checklist. Hopefully should now get a full assessment.

Will keep you posted.