As there is no CONTACT CUK WITH A QUESTION facility on the forum , short of contacting a RED direct , the a.g.m. is the only time a member can , in theory , ask a question ... assuming any resolution is not accepted ? Hello Chris. You can ask us a question at any time by sending a private message t...
Just searched Carers UK on YouTube and couldn't recognise any meeting proceedings. Are there any on the Carers UK website? Hello Rosemary. We've just received the video footage from the conference and now need to edit this for sharing with members. We'll add this to the AGM & Members' Conference pa...
I assume that all reading this have had their invites ? For the x year running , no Internet coverage ... not even Carers Radio ? Hello Chris In response to your question, all 26,000 Carers UK members (including users of the Forum) have been invited to our AGM and Members' Conference by email or le...
Just that really. I was phoned at work to ask me about the magazine and advise me of helplines. I was somewhat surprised as I didn’t think I’d shared either my telephone number or my real name. The caller was polite so I didn’t query anything about the call but was a bit perturbed afterwards. Anyon...
Hello Lee. Thanks for posting in the Forum about your recent experience. I've discussed this with colleagues at Carers UK and have just sent you a private message which you can access by clicking on the link at the top right of the Forum.

Wishing you well

Michael
This morning Carers UK has released our State of Caring report which shows the huge personal and financial cost of caring unpaid for a loved one. The report is based on the results of our 2019 State of Caring Survey of over 7,500 people currently caring unpaid for family or friends, the majority of ...
Dear WorriedDD Thank you for posting in the forum. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your mother and father which must be very worrying for you. In addition to the helpful suggestions from other members, I would also suggest that you contact Refuge and Women's Aid on your mother's behalf, ...
Hi Caron Kim Thank you for posting on the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a really tough time in your caring role recently. In addition to the helpful suggestions from other members, I would also suggest that you contact Refuge and women's aid, both of which have freephone 24 hour h...
Hi My name is Vanessa. My husband and daughter are both in receipt of PIP. Two years ago it became impossible for me to work any longer. It would be a great help if I could claim Carers' Allowance for both of them, but I can't. Comments/views are very welcome. Thanks for your post Vanessa. As our h...
I am the carer for my daughter who has Asperger's. My daughter has turned 16 so I have had to apply for PIP rather than DLA. My daughter's assessment interview is next week but I received a letter from the Department today saying my carers allowance would stop from next month. Is this normal practi...