With much publicised pressures on the NHS this winter, we’re keen to highlight the different ways that this is affecting families. Have you been asked or expected to step in at short notice when a loved one was discharged from hospital? Have you struggled to care for someone post discharge from hosp...
This sounds great!

Each week I highlight three forum topics to encourage Carers UK staff to read and this is definitely one for this week.

I hope you all have a lovely virtual time!

Michael
The Carers UK forum is a supportive online community of current and former unpaid family carers who understand the ups and downs of caring. Whatever the time of day or night, you’ll find this a welcoming place to connect with other carers, support each other and signpost each other to relevant infor...
Today is Carers Rights Day, a national awareness day organised by Carers UK to bring organisations across the UK together to help carers in their local community know their rights and find out how to get the help and support they are entitled to. This morning Carers UK has issued the following press...
See the link below for Carers UK's response to the budget which has been prepared by our Policy and Public Affairs team. “We are deeply disappointed that there is no additional support for social care in the short term to stave off the crisis on social care which will have a predicted funding gap of...
Thanks for setting up this thread bowlingbun. It’s been great to see lots of interaction from members on this thread during the week, highlighting lots of issues relating to the costs of caring and some wider issues such as the sharing of the caring role by family members. As the initial post referr...
Nope STILL NOT working for me. I use an iPad. When I select, " add files" the red button turns blue, but nothing happens :roll: :( The only way I can add a pic is changing to jprosilver, which looks like a photo within the post until I switch to comboot and then it appears as an attachment to open....
Thanks for your additional comments. Great to see some nice photos and Pete's paintings. I've a phone call booked with the IT developer at lunchtime today so will speak to him about the Comboot and jprosilver preferences. As susieq says, our preference would be for all members to use the Comboot ver...
Dear Carers UK members Carers UK's Chairman David Grayson will be coming into the office on Friday 3rd November and has offered to run a question and answer session on the forum from 11.30am to 1.00pm. David will welcoming questions (within this thread) on any aspects of Carers UK's work. I hope man...
Carers UK’s advice and information team based in London is undergoing staff changes. This means the Adviceline is closed Wednesday to Friday whilst we recruit and train new members of staff. We will be taking calls on Monday and Tuesday between 10am and 4pm. You can email or write to the Adviceline ...