Hello Chris I saw your forum post this morning and wanted to let you know about carers organisations in Australia that may be able to help. Carers Australia is the national carers’ org in Australia and advocates and runs national support programmes for carers http://www.carersaustralia.com.au/home/ ...
Our new website page on NHS Continuing Healthcare can be found here: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/nhs-continuing-healthcare The BBC Action Line contains a link to Carers UK's website (see below) and Emily Holzhausen (our Director of Policy and Public Affairs) was interv...
Hello Janet I've just read your post and wanted to let you know about an organisation called Beacon which gives free independent advice on NHS continuing healthcare. You can visit the Beacon website at www.beaconchc.co.uk or call the free helpline on 0345 548 0300. We will also be adding some inform...
She Had a couple of bad gateways yesterday, but fortunately I can click the refresh icon and all is ok Thanks Pet66 for alerting us to these error messages. It may be a one-off problem but please let us know if you keep getting them in the coming days and we'll then ask our IT developer to look int...
Dear all On Carers Rights Day, we just wanted to wish you well and thank you making our Forum such a supportive community of current and former carers. On Carers Rights Day we bring organisations across the UK together to help carers in their local communities know their rights and find out how to g...
Dear Jenny

I'm sorry to hear about the recent loss of your mother-in-law.

Good wishes from us all at Carers UK

Michael
Dear somethingshort I'm very sorry to hear that you booked to attend the Carers UK day in Macynthleth and were not informed that the event had been cancelled. I've just spoken with our Carers Wales office and they said the event was cancelled because only three people had booked to attend. They cont...
Thanks for reporting this error Pet66. I'll pass it onto our IT support.

Michael
No doubt many of you have heard, read or seen the news over the weekend which highlights the anguish of many carers on low incomes who’ve had to return overpayments of Carer’s Allowance, sometimes incurred accidentally. We answer a lot of advice enquiries by phone and email (advice@carersuk.org) fro...
Thanks for offering to do this Rosemary - we'll send some resources to you in the next few days

Michael