[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Laura... EMS (Electronic Muscle Stimulation) will stimulate muscle, whereas TENS (Transacutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is used more for pain relief. Whether EMS will restore flexibility after 2 years is doubtful, but it may help prevent further muscle atrophication. You would need to try...
Hello Jane and welcome Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm new on here myself, and my Mum also has dementia, so there are some similarities in what we are dealing with. I concur with what everyone else has said, and another idea to put your mind at ease regarding Mum's personal safety at home wh...
Hello Diane... I have no experience of caring for someone after a stroke, but what I do know is that some towns now have something called a 'Stroke Club'. They are usually held once or twice a week and are run by volunteers who do have experience in caring for Stroke victims and their families. They...
I wasn't sure whether my Mum would drink it, and I find I have to coax her like a child to try something new, so I made it look like a fruit punch at first, by putting some fresh fruit and a bright straw in it, which intrigued her. I pretended I'd made it for myself and went and sat with her... I kn...
I was given some really good advice a few days ago from a lady I met, who works in a Care home for Dementia patients with 'challenging' behaviour, and I thought I'd share it with you... I was telling her about my Mum who has Alzheimers, and how difficult I find it when she acts like a stroppy teenag...
Hi Bowlingbun... I've been down this road before, when I cared for my Dad after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. My 'help' came from the District Nurses and the Hospice 'at home' team, (which was arranged by the District Nurses), and they were all Angels. Social Services swooped in like a heat...
Thank you for your words of support and advice. Today has been a strange day, in as much as I've received confirmation of something I've known in my heart for a long time, and on that level, there is a sense of relief... There's also a sense of anti-climax, because although I have the definitive dia...
Hello Everyone... I came across the link to this group through the Alzheimers UK website. I'm a Carer for my Mum who is now well into the mid stages of Alzheimers, (although we have only just been given the 'official' diagnosis after a very long and arduous process). Her biggest fear has always been...