[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I would like to tell you what I do with my 93 year old Mum, who has dementia and mobility issues which make it impossible for her to get into our walk-in shower, which also has a small step of about 6 inches. I recently purchased a childs paddling pool, this is mainly to prevent spillage of water on...
I have been waiting months for assessment. I was told priority is given to people without anyone (family) to look after them and families like us where myself and my husband look after my Mum in our home 24 hours a day x 365 days per year have to wait. No holidays or trips out together for us, but i...
Hi everyone, many thanks for your support and tips. I have just this week telephoned to enquire about our assessments, to be told that we are on their list and they will be in touch with us in due course but they couldn't give me any indication how much longer we would have to wait !! We have to go ...
Firstly, you want an assessment so someone can tell you what you are entitled to. You need to know what help and support is available to mum in the community, as it's impossible to care 24/7 without a break. Unless you get more help you might need SSD to arrange residential care. This will make the...
For 15 months I have become sole carer to my 93 year old Mum, who could no longer cope alone in her Council sheltered housing flat and so moved in with me and my husband. I obviously notified our local council and her Doctor of her change of address and why she had to come to live with me and that I...
I hope that this helps. This may seem a bit 'ungrateful' but after seeing the aids supplied by OT, I sourced better quality items and other useful aids using Amazon. My Mother is 93, has dementia, mobility problems and is deaf. I got a brilliant commode chair, with wooden arms, lift off padded seat,...