[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks for the replies. It turned out that the doctors must have know that the death would have to be refered to the coroner because Dorothy had had an operation (fitting a pacemaker) soon before she died. The very kind coroner who registered the death showed me a sheaf of papers of cases which s...
<t>Please excuse my dark humour but I'm having a crazy time since the death of my partner on Friday evening. Having been assured that I could get the cause of death form from the hospital on Monday (no doctors to sign it over the weekend) I discovered, after a couple of phone calls, that the death w...
<t>Many thanks to everyone who has posted to show their concern.<br/> I don't know how I'll feel over the next days but with family have been discussing funeral. Dorothy had always said that I should let them organise it - but I am finding it strangely helpful having decided to do it with their back...
Dorothy died last night shortly before midnight - peacefully.
Thanks for all your support.
<t>I would like to thank everyone who has shown concern. My partner has today been put on an end of life care plan and mercifully is no longer in pain, for which I am most grateful even if it means that she will not recover. Your support has helped me very much. I will try to return the favour when ...
<t>Sounds to me like it is not you but your parents who are being selfish. <br/> It seems taboo to say this, as 'carers' are supposed to be selfless. But I think we all know the emotional complexities of our situations: it is very easy to become the guilt-ridden carer as if those we care care for we...
<t>My partner, whose weight has ballooned in latter stages of heart failure, fell in the kitchen. She slid rather than fell so hadn't hurt herself but I was unable to lift her so called for help. Two burley ambulance staff couldn't lift her either. They were going to call for back-up when it occured...
<t>I have been caring for my partner while she has been suffering from heart failure and severe arthritus in her knees for the past ten years. All that time I have felt she might die at any time and would live at most for 10 years (as we had been told by her doctor). It hasn't been a bad time; in ma...