Have had two other free consultations with IFA's. One on the phone and one yesterday face to face. Both have recommended the Immediate Care Annuity route should my Dad need residential care as it is lower risk than the stocks and shares ISA. At the moment Dad can afford to pay for home care from his...
So registered with Universal Credit as a full time carer in November. Application and interview straight forward also told them I was in process of applying for carers allowance. Mid December receive first payment for Universal Credit all fine. End of December received first carers allowance backdat...
As main carer for my Dad who I live with I find my Dad's GP practice to be less than helpful apart from prescribing medication. Home visits? out of the question, only telephone appointments if you can't go the surgery. Last week I had a urine sample to take in to them, but my Dad took sick very sudd...
In the process of getting financial LPA which should be registered by mid January. My Dad still has capacity.
This IFA was from the SOLLA (society of later life advisers) website and said the downsizing would not come under deprivation of assets. I think the downsizing would have to be done before he went into a care home, which would be too stressful. Seeing another IFA next week.
Just an update. Dad much more settled this week not many problems with incontinence at night as he had in the rehab care home. Have have gas cooker safety locking valve fitted in kitchen. Have had a free consultation with an IFA who suggested moving his current ISA's to a stocks and shares ISA for a...
In the rehabilitation care home the staff were good at encouraging residents to come out of their rooms for dinner for protected meal times in the dining room and going in the TV lounge. Dad was ok about going in the communal areas and it did have daily activities. Still looking into other options s...
He is eating well at the moment but overeating a bit - a symptom. His mobility is OK with a walker or stick. Had to get antibiotics for him today as he has a chesty cold. Before he had the PD diagnosis the therapist at the rehab care suggested he should go to a care due to issues at night with the i...
From the memory doctor only the diagnosis and the patch medication which will be reviewed by the memory nurse in 4 weeks time. He was still discharged from the rehab care home 3 days after diagnosis, the care home and staff were nice but no real other support. SS have been good liaising with the car...
Well I do want the best care for my Dad if that means losing the house and inheritance to care costs then so be it, as it is am very tired after one week of looking after him, but some of that is adjusting to his condition. If it was not for organisations like this, Alzheimer's UK and Unforgettable ...