Hi Petty, Believe it or not I've just been in a discussion with the Citizens Advice Bureau about a similar topic. They have what they call "Form Fillers" who are experts in the subject and making sure every question is answered in the best possible way. As I'm full time and only carer for my Mum the...
It's entered my mind to burn the place down when the house insurance ends at the end of January. But I'm not that stupid. I'm left alone with Mum 24/7 while she visits for 45 minutes once a week and continually goes on about her mortgage, which she can't afford, she is paying it at the moment. But a...
Thanks for the replies, but your not understanding the situation. It wasn't my Dads will, but a generous act that gave all four family members a quarter control over five years ago. We each own an equal quarter of the house, My relative mortgaged her quarter, which we all had to agree too. I stupidl...
Yes Mum owns a third, and I don't think idle is the right word, just wanting a relative dead or put into a home for personal financial gain, is there a word for that? The relative will happily take the third no matter what effects it has on Mum and I. If it means Mum going into a home against her wi...
Jenny Lucas absolutely hit the nail on the head for me. Thank you Jenny. In my situation my relative has a vested interest in the house Mum and I live in, Dad left it three ways. If Mum passes away, or goes into a home, my relative inherits a large amount of money, I'll be left with money too, but n...
Much like Bowlingbun, nothing over Christmas from my family. Not a fleeting visit or phone call and YES bitterness does build up. She is having a fantastic time with her family and kids while I'm sat in a room with my Mum. Every week that passes that my sister doesn't lift a finger, I become more bi...
NHS Hater, The comparison between a family member who gives their life to care for a beloved family member, quits a job and devotes day after day to help. TO A lazy family member, who does nothing other than the odd text. Randomly visits for 45 minutes every two months, in order to tell the devoted ...
Hi Guys, thanks for the support. I know exactly what my sister IS and what SHE will do if / when Mum passes.

I didn't mean to take the post from Sarah_1607 , I was just trying to show Sarah people are in similar positions and give some moral support. So lets get back to focusing and helping Sarah.
Hi Sarah, Maybe I'm lucky, but my GP makes flying visits on my Mum without me asking to check on her.. Your GP should not refuse to come out to a 95 year old to assess her drug needs, at the very least come out and check her up. Complain about your GP who is a lazy waste of space earning over £100,0...
Hi Sarah, Your story has really affected me, while it's not a dating site, I just want to give you a big hug! This is my Story:-) I'm full time carer for my Mum who is fully appreciative of the support I give, but can also be rude and nasty at times. She hasn't been eating or drinking properly for a...