Mum and I are also lucky, we use a family run pharmacy and get free delivery. The Man who does the deliveries is so lovely, I've told him not to knock, just pop in and hand the prescriptions to Mum if I'm not around. It's funny that this is on the back of a big advertising campaign by BOOTs about pr...
This may come across as wrong, but I'm sure the stupid little receptionist went home and told her partner how she'd stopped someone from getting the flu jab. "He kept begging for common sense, but I said no, rules are rules" I've spoken to my GP who instantly put things right, I hope she also had a ...
I phoned our GP and unfortunately jobsworth receptionist of the year answered. She added Mum to the home visit, but seemed to make it her mission to not let me have a simple flu jab at the same time. Firstly I was told I was "Low Priority as I was only a Carer". When I stated if someone was coming t...
Its that horrible time of year again when flu kicks in!

Its also my first year looking after Mum at home when I can't take her to get the flu jab.

How do you get the flu jab delivered to your door?
This won't come close to helping, but when my Dad was alive he ate and ate, the last time I cooked sausage and mash with the usual 8 sausages, I didn't feel well so only ate two. As I walked past I told him and he insisted I put the two sausages on his plate.. He had a massive heart attack on the 6t...
I loved your post. At the end of the day they put the gloves on to protect themselves from germs, Not a second thought they are spreading germs all over our house. My Mum is used to me having hissy fits at the mess her £2500 a month carers leave. Today so much toilet roll had been put down the toile...
Strange thing is, its always the Lunchtime callers who leave nice (sarc) surprises for me. Whether its because its the only call I'm not present for I don't know. The other three calls are always very pleasant.. I walked into the living room a few days back to find three pieces of sweetcorn covered ...
Thank you all for your good advice, I wash my hands about 50 times a day with anti-bacterial soap. I did ask one of Mums carers if they washed Mums hands as part of her body wash, the reaction I got kind of gave me the impression they didn't. I think in general Mum and I are OK, but its the carers I...
One of Mums Carers warned me the other day that norovirus is prevalent in our area... The thought of Mum, who cant walk, having diarrhoea and sickness is awful. Its bad enough when Mum makes a mess and I have to talk her through and reassure her constantly until the carers come... Does anyone have v...
If Chris gained a personality, he'd be the most important person on this forum.. He is important, just wish he'd but a bit off oomph into replies..But we all love him. You are choosing between starting a new family or caring for your Mum? When its put that simply do you even need to think twice... N...