My Mum has a large amount of savings, but since her last stroke has no way of accessing them. A solicitor has told me that I can't get POA as Mum doesn't have mental capacity. Mum has been placed in a care home on a six week care package by the NHS and will be expected to pay for herself afterwards....
Hi Kay, I could give you a giant hug as I know what you are going through. In my family it's my Sister who disappeared for the past two years and refused to help with care. Then she has relationship issues and suddenly Mum is her best friend when she has the gall to ask Mum for 22 thousand pounds......
Mum is doing fine and dandy at her home, we sat through Return of the Jedi, the end of Indiana Jones and Jurassic World, during which Mum munched her way through 5 biscuits and two glasses of squash. It's times like this that make me so happy to be with Mum. At some point I'm going to have to face u...
You'll receive much better advice soon, but in the mean time. The most important thing at this moment is not to fall into the trap I did and lose your job, only to become a cheap full time carer for your loved one and save your Council thousands of pounds. Make it completely clear to the care agency...
I don't think anyone can get POA for Mum due to her lack of coherent speech, I've been told the only route to go down is a deputyship from the Court of protection. All Mums bank details cards etc. are in our house where she left them before being taken away in an ambulance. My sister plans on having...
After I made it clear my Sister and kids weren't moving in. She has switched her sights to my poor Mum. the same Mum she visited for 1 hour a fortnight for the past eight months. I got a txt from my Sister saying "I f word love Mum" It almost sounded like a fantasy, Mum told her things she never tol...
I appreciate you guys so much, and yes my Sister was moving herself into our little three bedroom Bungalow with her two kids. so I called her bluff.
But I still don't know what I'm going to do. When she realises Mum isn't coming home she'll continue to move herself and the kids in.
Oh and I know I was really down, but I spent 2 hours with Mum today, she refused to let go of my hand. Even grabbed it and kissed it.
So I hope my earlier posts about Mum maybe having another stroke are wrong.
Sorry I haven't replied sooner, life is so crazy! My sister has stopped pushing for the hospital bed at home as she now wants to move herself and her two 2 years olds in with me. My simple answer was that I'm getting the hospital bed fitted and I'm bringing Mum home, lesser of two evils in my opinion.
I normally relax at the weekends (no phone calls etc.) and spend time with Mum, today Mum was in a bad shape , non- reactive, she is normally so happy to see me. Today for the 1st time ever Mum, how do I put it, just wasn't there. She held onto my hand for 2 hours like there was no tomorrow . Wouldn...