Hi, I'm 41 and full time carer for my 71 year old Mum, she's had multiple strokes and only gets around on a Zimmer with my help, I cook, clean, wash etc. Unfortunately she had her first fall in a long time on Sunday and an ambulance was called, they got her up in no time. Today completely out the bl...
It often happens, before my Mum became ill my Sister bemoaned the amount Mum spent on enjoying her life, In my Sisters eyes Mum should just stay in the house and help her with money. When Mum had a second stroke, she didn't even bother visiting her at the weekend.(she lives 5 minutes away). Now Mum ...
Thanks guys for your advice.

I promise I never get annoyed, David, Stephen. All that matters to me is my Mum.

Can you get a third party mandate without a POA?
Thanks for calling me David when my name is obviously Stephen.

Mum struggles to sign her name, also name a shop in this Country that would accept a cheque as payment.

Its time things moved forward, and its not costly to accept card or internet payments.

This is 2018!!!!!!
It wasn't actually £120 an hour, it was £19.50 per hour. But as they were charging for 30 minutes per visit and rarely stayed longer than 5 minutes it was the equivalent to it. Mum has had multiple strokes and can't really get around the house without my assistance and her Zimmer frame. She wears in...
After a dreadful experience with a care company, I cancelled the services and decided to go it alone. I worked out despite supposedly having three 30 minute calls a day they were on average in the house 5 minutes. Taps on the calculator said Mum was paying them nearly £120 an hour. Taking care of my...
You are not alone Amy, in my case I'm 40, stuck caring for my Mum 24/7 without any help. Its to young for me. I keep telling myself I'm 40 years old and I should be living my life. I love my Mum dearly, but a part of me is starting to despise her. She is lovely and always grateful, so I start to hat...
Hi Petty, Believe it or not I've just been in a discussion with the Citizens Advice Bureau about a similar topic. They have what they call "Form Fillers" who are experts in the subject and making sure every question is answered in the best possible way. As I'm full time and only carer for my Mum the...
It's entered my mind to burn the place down when the house insurance ends at the end of January. But I'm not that stupid. I'm left alone with Mum 24/7 while she visits for 45 minutes once a week and continually goes on about her mortgage, which she can't afford, she is paying it at the moment. But a...
Thanks for the replies, but your not understanding the situation. It wasn't my Dads will, but a generous act that gave all four family members a quarter control over five years ago. We each own an equal quarter of the house, My relative mortgaged her quarter, which we all had to agree too. I stupidl...