Me ? A lone , 24/7 , carer for 10 years ... 1998 to 2007. Further 11 years to clear all debt incurred whilst caring. Also , part of the CarerWatch group a decade ago ... said group were at the forefront of the last Green Paper ( Carers Strategy ) back in 2008 - 2009. Wow you do so many important th...
So why the robotics, the lack of empathy. I have a 72 year old Woman (Mum) next door to me who relies on me.
I love her so dearly and I'd say she is the most spoilt 72 year old Woman in the world.

Why don't you open up. Stop with the theatrics, the posts. I think we are so alike...
This forum has become a joke to me, I've left on several occasions. But come back because I'm lonely.
How about Carers actually being recognised as a full time, low paid job?
Many carers do 100 hours a week while watching a loved family member fading away.

Only to be told "You're only a Carer" by a receptionist at our local GP..
Hi Jane, I don't want to worry you, but I was in the same situation. I had a lovely phone call telling me Mum was on her way to a Nursing Home 10 miles from me. Mum was put in a tiny little room with no light and a tiny TV. Paid for by the NHS for 6 weeks.. Don't dither, just do what is best for you...
I have a ring camera, today Mum got 56 minutes of care while paying for 120, Do I contact the Manager and ask for 20 minute calls instead of 30?
I think because I live with Mum the carers are sloppy and just think I'll sort out the mess they leave..
Mum is self funding, so pays the agency around £2,500 a month. That is how they make there money. Poor Mum still gets a 12 minute morning call, a 10 minute lunch call and an 8 minute tea call, followed by a bedtime call where the carers are desperate to get Mum into bed ASAP. Mum is paying £19.50 an...
I've been away for over a week in protest. This forum has helped me more than I can even start to tell you. It would be lovely if we had carers in charge of the show rather than profiteers, I would love to hear Michael and Lizzies stories about how they cared for family members. If this is my last p...
I think sometimes a personal touch helps. I was in the same position, I was asked to take three forms of ID which, I didn't have to my local jobcentre, I phoned the job centre and explained my situation. The Man on the end of the phone was big enough to say they had made a mistake and I didn't have ...
Short post. Your Mum knows who she can trust That is you and not the useless Sister, maybe ask your Mum to tell the useless Sister how disappointed she is in her...

My Mum despises my little Sister to the point she doesn't want her in the house!!!