Lie to me once, shame on me. Lie to me twice shame on you. Lie to me twenty three times, you are a complete basket case .

District Nurses have lied to me on twenty three times...Shame on them. I hope they sleep well at night.
It's a week later since I was promised a call back from the DN i spoke to and still nothing. WHY PROMISE TO CALL YOU BACK, when you have no intention of doing so? In the meantime, I've paid another £22 for Mums pads to last another two weeks. From now on I'm going to take names and shame and complai...
Hi Paul,

It's impossible for any GP to CATEGORICALLY say Dad isn't suffering from Dementia without any evidence.

Any GP worth there money would at least ask for an MRI scan to confirm.
I remember the dreaded INR results with Mum, phone calls saying stop Warfarin for two days or increase it by half a pill.... The district nurse turning up and Mum screaming while they took blood. Since Mum has been on Apixaban she has been fine, no blood tests. Maybe the thought of no regular blood ...
Hi Paul, I hope we're friends now, I'm only 42 and my knee cap on my right leg actually wriggles around. As a full time carer with no family support I just dose up on painkillers.. My point, that you won't like, is that in 2019 nobody should be taking Warfarin which is unstable and requires regular ...
Greta, if I'd took your advice Mum would be paying for her own pads until she died. You are so wrong, different pads are available, but of course the Nurse is going to fob you of with the cheapest available, if you accept it, which you obviously did. One of Mum's carers told the District Nurse the p...
Not the normal "never give up" response from the forum, but hey ho.

I've actually been told that we are getting two of the best pads available, purple, ID Expert with 8 drops. Saving Mum over £30 a month.

Thanks for the support
Hi Chrissie, It's a common problem from my experience (three different care companies) that it is always the management, rather than the carers that let the side down. I am starting to trust Mums current agency, but only today the two carers at tea were discussing how one carer had one call the next...
Mum has been paying for her own pads for three months now, I think the point is, she shouldn't be! Mum is self funding with regards to her care, whereas if she'd been holidaying in Benidorm wasting her money, she would get funding for her care. It's the same old tale, those who save get squeezed of ...
I'm a carer, 100% for my 72 Year old Mother who has suffered several strokes and is suffering from Vascular Dementia, not to mention she can't walk.. Only today one of her carers commended me on my patience, as Mum was very shouty with them and I calmed Mum down. I'm not a saint, i lose my patience ...