Mum has been home four weeks now and in general the care agency has been brilliant. But as is a general rule in life, you always get a few bad eggs. Already I've noticed that when one name is one the rota, I warn Mum that the call will be late. When she finally turns up stinking off smoke its always...
I think this is common, my own Sister lives five minutes away and randomly visited for an hour a fortnight when Mum became really ill. No notice, just turn up, sit on a chair while constantly counting down the hour till she could escape. At the risk of being shouted at by other members, they simply ...
I'm sorry if I've offended, this post isn't about me, I was trying to explain to Jolanta what the reason may be. It's a common fact that in-laws often don't get on. "The relationship between women and their mothers-in-law is often fraught, but it needn't be impossible" A quote from an article by the...
How long would Dad last at home without any help from yourself or your wonderful Mum? Let Social Services know that neither of you are willing to lift a finger to help him, they are sending him home on his own and if anything happens, they are responsible. If at this point they try to put together a...
I'm sure others on here have more experience, but the Court of Protection (I'm currently going through this process with Mum), is for people who have been deemed to have no mental capacity in order to safeguard the money of the vulnerable adult. It seems in your case this is way to early, there is n...
Jolanta, while not being acceptable, No Woman is ever good enough for their baby boy in a Mothers eyes. I'm sure you know this, so don't take it personally, but I do agree with others that your OH needs to say something. I remember when I had my first Girlfriend and started neglecting Mum, she hated...
BB is right, the letter is an admission of wrong-doing (guilt). I would just for fun, contact a no win, no fee, Solicitor who would love to take your case.... There is so many similarities in our cases, my Mum went into hospital fully mobile and came out on a Zimmer frame after they told me about a ...
Amble maybe ask the lovely lady from "The Council" about her bloated Pension Scheme and whether she really needs it, look at the shock on her face when you tell her that 5-7% Employer Contribution from Council Tax money is ridiculous and unnecessary and she should be embarrassed to tell you how to k...
I think this is a question on every carers mind, what happens if the worse happens. Not to mention the usual sibling annoyance, my Sister told me if anything happened to Mum in the Nursing home, I was to blame. Mums been home 19 days, my Sister has visited once for a measly hour along with her usual...
You're asking if a Mother can stop her Daughter from being a sole carer, on a pretence of negligence and illegally claiming carers benefit? I assume you have sufficient evidence of lack of care and your friend has voiced concerns about her Daughters behaviour, or lack or care? I think I can speak fo...