Floyd, Do You realise That You can Only claim Severe Disability Premium if The Person who is Entitled Lives Alone and does not have a partner? The Only time that a person with a Spouse/Partner can claim Severe Disability Premium is if Both are in receipt of At Least Middle Rate Care DLA or Either ra...
My Husband has Aspergers/ASD. My Eldest Son ( 34 )is waiting to be assessed, My Youngest Son ( 32 ) was Diagnosed with ADHD as a Child, But is also now being assessed for ASD. They all have ''Special Interests'' Some very long standing and some That are around for a short time but with the same inte...
Just to let Everyone contributing to this thread, I do not mean to come across as pushy or more informed than Others and apologise if I have done. I do not post much as I just do not have many opportunities to sit down on My Own to do so, But When I see a post I really feel I can contribute to in a ...
Hi again Crocus. I am not saying Anything. I am just putting links to the information out there. ESA is a minefield! But basically You can get ESA if you have limited capability for work. It all depends on individual Circumstances if It is WRAG or Support Group, Income Based or CB based. You can get...
Hi Crocus. Again that is Why it is important to get impartial advice for Your own circumstances. The link was just to give an overview, Not every combination. If You read the link carefully You will see the following statement.... •Contributory ESA is time limited to 365 days (52 weeks) unless it ha...
What is good about age uk is, If You ring AGE UK, They usually have Advisors that come out and do Home Visits. Their Advisors are very good and up to date with All Benefits. If You google them and go to their page, There will be a search button to find Your local Branch and telephone number. (They h...
Petal, Please go to CAB, Welfare rights or ring AGE UK. What Floyd has said is Not Correct. Even on Contribution based ESA, there is Income related components because You are part of His Claim. ( it is the income related part that is covering You, Your Council Tax and Rent ) Regarding Premiums, Your...
Just to confirm, The above final amounts are with regards to My Own Circumstances and the amount awarded for Our Mortgage. Also My Husband gets Enhanced DL PIP. The amounts will be different for everyone depending on whether they Rent via Council, Private Rent, Own Outright, or have a Mortgage. Howe...
Hello Petal. I have been following Your story since the beginning and just wanted to say Well Done. With regards to the carers premium, what you have been told is correct. With regards to How PIP now affects other benefits and You claiming Carers Allowance, I thought it May be helpful to You to know...
Hello Everyone! I really do feel for You and Understand. I not only have a 34yr old ''Teenager'' Living with Me but also My Husband Who after having a complete breakdown 18 months ago has very recently been diagnosed with ASD ( Aspergers) My Son is also awaiting assessment. My Husband has needed Pro...