I do tend to think, Paul, that dementia is in the mix there somewhere. I feel that his 'obsession' with 'now now now' is an indication that he himself 'knows' in some way that if he doesn't 'go on about it' he may 'forget' it ....it's a way of keeping the issue in his conscious mind/memory.... Also...
Well almost xmas and no big dramas yet. Hes going to brothers xmas day and our house boxing day. So fingers crossed here. Fully expect he'll be a bit of a nightmare boxing day but hey ho. He seems to be getting worse recently in terms of attitude to others (i.e. no-one else matters) and general abil...
Well done Paul, it's rather like turning a super tanker, it takes a long, long time!! Reckon it'd be easier!!!! Latest is the mobile phone story. Bought him one years ago - pretty much refuses to take it out with him. If he ever needs it (only when hes in hospital or away) he turns on uses and turn...
Well stair lift is in and he loves it! Some good news. Another same old same old - I come up with good idea, he moans and moans, make things difficult, eventually agrees, then agrees I was right all along. How many times I cant count! Son is bit calmer too. Paid to see a private psych so hes on meds...
Paul - your son comes first. First last and always. No question about it. Your dad will survive - and if things get bad, tell his GP that he is 'home alone' and it's 'over to them' for whatever they want to do about it, you are OUT of the picture for the duration (and you have no idea how long the ...
Just looked at Tescos- they do a deal of £7.99 per month for limitless deliveries 7 days a week, not bad if you shop little and often. I'm a great convert to Tesco Home Delivery, I do more than half my shopping that way now and will definitely be using them coming up to Christmas so I don't have to...
On a slightly different note, he is going to have to cope on his own for a bit. I've got a teenage son whos got lots of psychological problems. Its not been easy - back and fore to counsellors. Its got pretty bad and hes had a few meltdowns. It seems very difficult to get help for adolescents on the...
He's still trying to pull your puppet strings. Doesn't the Like it/Lump it policy apply? I remember my mum moaning like mad because Tesco didn't have her favourite Nimble bread, frankly if that was the only thing wrong in her world she should have been so happy!! Yeah I know that. I have found the ...
Iceland ? Shop instore ... present bonus card ... £ 20 or more ... free delivery. With Bonus Card, you get free home delivery. We’ll keep everything at the right temperature and deliver at a time to suit you. It’s great if you’re stocking up or buying bulky items. Simply shop in store in the normal...
Next "Challenge" is shopping. In the past, since he lives very close to town centre hes toddled down to Iceland or wherever and just brought it home. Always small amounts like £10 - £15 max. He hates spending money in one go! He gone mad in the past when hes asked me to go shopping and I've bought t...