Paul, What a nightmare. However, it shows that dad has a serious waterworks issue. Has he been hiding this from you? Could be a UTI, but maybe a prostate issue that should be investigated further. Has he ever had a PSA test? Have you?! Was it Spike Milligan who had a gravestone that said "I told yo...
Of course, hes a bit worn out this week after last weekend. Tried to call doctor out again and they refused to come again. Hes trying it on again. Can I visit him on xyz day? No Dad. To be honest, its been a difficult few weeks at home. Wife broke her wrist, last two weeks shes had a bad chest infec...
Well the cricket trip to Southampton came and went. Eventful shall we say. Quite a few problems. Not Dads fault but he doesn't help with his attitude. So hes got waterworks problems. Stopped a few times. Got to M3 and massive traffic jam. Didn't end well if you know what I mean. So he wanted to go s...
Paul, I live near Southampton. DON'T bring him down here in April if he moans about the cold. Sometimes it's gloriously warm, but it can be bitterly cold too. We gave up taking our steam engine to rallies May Day weekend after a series of bitterly cold shows. BB - well its on. Fingers crossed for n...
Paul, I guess you have to see the weekly interrogation as a positive thing. You are still important to him and he is still well enough to enquire, however, frustrating it all seems. Yes that "clip" remark just shows total lack of empathy and no graps on the reality of your son's needs so just accep...
Hi Paul Sadly it is unlikely your Dad will ever understand your son's needs. He will probably not understand teh term or the implications or that it can't "just be sorted" and he may well forget what you have already told him. I think you just need to develop your solid rock skills and don't expect...
Got some really serious issues with my teen son lately. (Hes got Aspergers). Some really serious stuff. Haven't told Dad the whole story but thought it might be worth telling him - he might realise there are more important things I've got to deal with. So he says "OK then. Don't worry about coming u...
Paul, I live near Southampton. DON'T bring him down here in April if he moans about the cold. Sometimes it's gloriously warm, but it can be bitterly cold too. We gave up taking our steam engine to rallies May Day weekend after a series of bitterly cold shows. Ha ha - he moans its too hot sometimes ...
This years cricket trip planning - watch this space. Not sure if I mentioned before we go every year to watch cricket. Hes a nightmare but I do it. This years hes being funny. Doesn't want to go far and drive back in the dark, doesn't want to go somewhere expensive, doesn't want to go when the weath...
Oh Paul, You have always been the one doing things in the past so default position is that you will do it. Ignore brother's comments about you never doing anything for Dad, you know different and have no need to feel that awful carer guilt. You have offered plenty of options so ball back in your da...