I have mentioned this before but I am new at this so apologise in advance. It is truly shocking the way carers are treated by local authorities. I can say about Cheshire Council, there was not a shortage of funds when it came to the Adults with a Learning Disability Team having their "jollies". A da...
All social workers, sometime ago were informed they should offer carers an assessment in their own right.

I know there are social workers in Cheshire Council (in the adults with a learning disability team in Chester) who refused to do so because "all the carers would want one"
By way of information. Cheshire County Council may not have funding for carers needs. When I worked there they certainly had funds for (as the social workers in the Adults with a Learning Disability Team call them) "jollies". A team day out on West Kirby beach, a trip to Anglesey, to visit an ex soc...
When I complained about poor social work practice within the Adults with a Learning Disability Team in Chester. Cheshire County Council, threatened me with prosecution, restraining orders and bailiffs. I asked UNISON to support me and they withheld information from me, and conspired with the council...