[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi susie,<br/> <br/> yes- I had thought of something like that - but it is very different to care for your mum than for someone else - I had thought of seeing if a hospice needed volunteers, so it was a more general "helping out" rather than one on one....... going to leave it a bit so I'm more b...
<t>hi,<br/> <br/> this is completely what i feel like - even though only caring for short while but moved down south to care for my mum - have been back up for a few days after nearly 4 months (mum died 4 weeks ago) - have to explain to friends that i feel i have been abducted by aliens. very hard t...
<t>My mum was diagnosed with lymphoma in november -I moved down to be with her and she was given weeks to live in december. she died about 4 weeks ago. I have regrets about some of the decisions we made and a lot of the "what if", "if only" - It is very hard to let them go and because it is so recen...
<t>Poem by Dorothy Monroe<br/> <br/> Death is not too high a price to pay<br/> for having lived. Mountains never die,<br/> nor do the seas or rocks or endless sky.<br/> Through countless centuries of time, they stay<br/> eternal, deathless. Yet they never live!<br/> If choice were there, I would not...
love it ! x
My mum had mashed potato with cheese sauce for quite a while, and those rice puddings that someone else mentioned. A few peas and carrots - very few just arranged on the plate sometimes, little trifles. definitely tiny portions helped. small slices of pizza, mini potato wedges, pasta......
<t>thank you all,<br/> <br/> how very kind of people to take time to post replies and I appreciate it a lot<br/> <br/> my sister and I had a lovely evening last night looking through old photos and laughing at our younger selves<br/> <br/> this is the poem we have chosen to have read at the funeral<...
thanks Robert,

thanks everyone - this has been a really important thread of posts to me. My mum passed away last night. And it is ok. My heart is ok.

x R
hello,

am really moved your replies. thank you very much. love the words to that song.

thanks,

R
"takes a little time" ! love it