Oh how I love you guys I don't post much but I very often pop on for reassurance and you certainly give it ...thank you ladies xxxxx
Yes there is a keysafe and I haven't left any valuables at Mums for years..... carers came this morning to sort all the paperwork and details and I have been TOLD by my family that I must recharge my batteries and leave them to it....did have the doctor visit today after telling them i wasn't happy ...
No Jenny don't live with Mum but feel as though I might as well do at the moment xx
I knew you'd be able to help BB...Social Worker said that because she own her home she would have to pay for care out of her AA but we have a finance guy coming after Christmas to sort all that out ...first few weeks are free apparently...I was 61 in September xx
Thank you all for your replies as ever I am so grateful ......We had a lovely Social Worker come out this afternoon and of course Mum said point blank "NO THANK YOU" to " a temporary stay in a convalescence home" lovely way the lady put it to her... and although she said she can clearly see that Mum...
I'm not new and some of you may remember me I joined whilst I was caring for my Dad post stroke in 2003 we lost him in 2013 but sadly during his period at home Mum was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia (2007)...it hasn't been at all easy as Mum can be quite stroppy at times but we've managed to muddl...
What a lovely posting and oh so true xxxx
I didn't have a clue about council tax exemption until our friend on here BB alerted me ....my Mum was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia back in 2007 when my Dad was still with us and severely disabled post brain bleed.....they were still paying council tax .........after his death in 2013 and I had ...
Couldn't agree with BB more on most of her comments and just for the record I could not have (and still couldn't) cope if I didn't log in here every single day and look at the similar situation others are in....I don't often post but I find this forum invaluable...my husband is my rock but he has to...
In answer to the topic heading "Because I do" ;)