See you are still 'RAVING'. Why don't yo do something useful with your time that is directly carer related.
I come on here for some sanity not to be party to your particular dogma.
This dross is all we hear 24/7 and I doubt many will want to read it here. ABOUT TIME YOU WERE PULLED!!!!
To CFTG This is not a platform for you to state your political views about 'Brexit', I note that your 'chart' (being polite) gives zero mention about anything Carer related at all. You have simply utilised the forum to sound off and as usual have not a lot to say about anyone else's ideas except you...
Hi Lianne, I was not actually looking to involve myself with any discussions at this time but I see not one response that puts themselves in your husbands position. I have seen the effects such a diagnosis can have on perfectly 'normal' people and can imagine the effect on someone who is maybe selfi...
Hi Trevor, my wife took a stroke in 2015 and there is no point in glamorizing the reality of the situation as it's an uphill battle but there is always light at the end of the proverbial tunnel and as long as you have support from your nearest and dearest, you are 99% of the way there...of course it...
Had similar issues with my wife following a stroke and a somewhat contrary set of 'rules' being applied, where we live it's the OT (Occupational Therapist) that determine needs, such as wheelchair, bed/mattress and other ancillary equipment. Having said that, may I digress for a minute.....my wife's...
Love and hugs...
Hi Archiebig, That's a heavy load you are bearing alone and it's great you are venting your 'spleen' here but on the other hand I can appreciate your mothers 'gripes'. Not playing 'devils advocate' but I appreciate her feelings because the reality is that the world is not as good as it was from a my...
I've also been a Carer for a long time (over 30 years) and I believe the constant changes to the 'system' simply waste money and have made it harder for anyone to access any help. I am constantly amazed at the excuses we have received as to why it takes sooooooo long to get anything started let alon...
Hi All, how thing have changed since my last post (and mostly for the better). Having had the 'carers' bring two somewhat unpleasant bugs into the house just before Christmas and again after New Year just as my wife was getting over the 1st one, I cancelled all further calls..... predominately to pr...
Hi Chris, Just had a meeting today with Social Worker for a 'review' and brought up the fact that our 'Care Provider' had seemingly not applied a variation to care costs, reality is that care received was around 4hrs 30mins and bill we received was for 12hrs 50 mins, also it took 6 months to apply t...