[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, thank you so much for all your lovely replies, its comforting and really helps. I woke up at 4.am in a panic. "What DO I do know" I know I have to phone carers allowance to tell them mum has passed away, I also got a top up of income support so I will need to ring them. The thing that absolutely...
I have lost the only person i have lived for. My mum passed away on thursday 1st December. I cant see any way forward. We celebrated her 90th birthday a couple of weeks ago. Mum had dementia, more bad days than good, but we coped with it. I have posted before about her.There were also lots of wee an...
Your paragraph starting with " so, similarly, would someone with dementia, etc" wow, I think you've hit the nail on the head. About a week ago mum was exactly like this, as sleep started to overtake her she started mumbling very strangely, then she said she needed to speak to S, C, (my sisters) she ...
Hi, Mum always starts off sleeping sitting up. She has 3 pillows and a large v pillow, which she is comfortable with. When i wake her in the morning she is always snuggled down. It does help with her chest. if she does start coughing that gets her out of breath then that leads on to panic mode. Real...
Hi Elaine, Thanks for advice. Mum is heavily into "penguins" ornaments, jewellery, cuddly one's, you name it she's got it! Already takes a couple to bed which does help. I think if I say to mum about the party's she is in for etc, I feel this may sound like I am confirming that she won't wake up. Bu...
Hi every one, Haven't been on for a while. Mums dementia is getting worse all the time. The problem we have at the moment, although it's been going on for quite a while, is at bedtime she has it in her mind that she won't wake up in the morning. So she tries her hardest to stay awake. When I think s...
Hi to everyone who may of read my last post. I feel so ashamed to have sent it. Mum has gone blind in one eye, so quick. She is still having injections in the other eye, but not much hope. I was having a really bad day anyway so that topped it. Mum is much worse too. I was so exhausted and upset at ...
Hi Sharon, Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear your mum lost her vision, she has gone through so mum, bless her. I am making an appointment with GP to see if she is able to give her something to help keep her calm as you suggested. My mum is also on warfarin, I often wonder if they are more trouble...
Hi, honeypaws here again. Needing advice. Mum has just been diagnosed with wet AMD. Basically she has had dry AMD for a couple of years with not much bother. Over the last couple weeks though her vision was getting blurred. A trip to the opticians two weeks ago, found she had wet AMD in her left eye...
When someone says to you, "do you work"? We say "no, I care for my mum" :shock: why do we say that? :roll: