Contact social services, they can put extra care in place and pay for it through their budget. I hope if all works out for you and your dad
Thanks bowlingbun. I know I've made the right decision, it's just hard to be rejected by her so will take time to heal. I won't get an apology and she can't take back what she's said or done. The social services can't pay for long term carers 4 times a day so I hope at the least she realises how muc...
I posted here a couple of months ago that I wasn't coping looking after my mum. Since my last post, she became more nasty as each day went on. She became aggressive one night and smashed glasses, stood up with no problem from her wheel chair and threw things at me while I was holding my baby boy. Th...
I should hear from the social worker tomorrow as she only works Monday-Wednesday. I don't have the energy to complain to the nhs, they done all they could for her and the attitude she gave the OTs probably didn't help the situation. I'm hoping the social worker can arrange extra care on top of the r...
To be honest I don't think complaining will do anything, they said she was medically fit to leave and no medical reason to stay in. A couple of her friends are going to take her to their house for a bath and I reckon they'll see how difficult she is, she won't be able to get in and out but I'll just...
I have to take the wheels and footrests off my mums wheelchair to fit it into the boot. It's heavy to lift and push.
I'm dealing with the same from my mum. She's still her but gets nasty and cries at everything. Has your mum improved at all over the years? The brain supposedly repairs itself but I haven't seen a huge amount of improvement in my mum. It's hard to deal with the anger and nastiness when you're the on...
It depends on what is affected by his stroke. My mum has been out of hospital a month and only had a physio session today and it will only be one a week. It was better when she was in hospital doing it every day. Do you have a social worker or care team involved at all?
It was a month ago she was discharged. They needed the bed. She had a home visit and managed to get upstairs but coming back down she stumbled and tore her shoulder so now she can't use the arm much. The carers aren't allowed to help her up stairs and she wouldn't manage it alone. The equipment we r...
Get onto social workers who are involved. I know how hard it must be for you. I have an 11month old baby and care for my mother. Feel free to message me.