[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
This is quite a complex issue...... My parents divorced over 40 years ago but continued to live together in the same house which was solely in my father’s name. When my father died 20 years later he died intestate and so I, being his daughter and next of kin inherited the house. It would appear that...
Received a letter today about the above. Thought it was a scam as came in an envelope already opened and was from a JobCentrePlus- as I don’t get any benefits that I associate with JobCentre thought someone had been claiming in my name. However when I called- not the number on the letter but a numbe...
Thanks for taking the time to reply and tracing back through my previous posts. The Independent Age link makes interesting reading but does not actually answer my question which is have the local authority got a legal right to ask for the third party's financial details? CHC is not applicable in my ...
My Mum, in care home, has been self funding for just over a year. I requested a care and financial needs assessment be carried out by local authority. Having initially turned us down, the case went back to panel and was approved. I have just been sent a letter about third party top ups and a financi...
Thanks bowling bun. The assessment was conducted by a student social worker but she was accompanied by a qualified mentor to 'guide' her. I have asked for a copy of the assessment but she is now on leave till next week so I don't expect to get it till then. I thought the finance assessment had to be...
Thanks very much for your reply Bowlingbun. You have made some very good points and suggestions and I have noted them all- it will definitely help me. I know they can’t make me take Mum back and I have made it clear I won’t take her back but of course they want the cheapest option. I have no up to d...
Hi, Briefly- Mum, a self funder in care home with dwindling savings. I contact council to carry out care and financial needs assessment. Got news today that request has been turned down. In their opinion her needs can be met in special care housing! Mum has diagnosis of dementia, is 93, has not live...
Any advice appreciated. My Mum went into a care home just over a year ago and was self funding. Her money is now dwindling to the £23,000 limit and I have requested social services conduct a care needs assessment. They have now contacted me and given a date for the assessment. My questions are as fo...
I have a daughter with complex needs aged 27. She lives at home with me- Mum, Dad & brother. Following an assessment she was allocated 3 overnight at our local respite facility a month. My daughter is a real home body and doesn't really enjoy going o she is always a bit anxious beforehand but the se...
Yes, thank you for posting link to fact sheet. I have read it.

Mum simply needs physical help, prompting and reassurance. She has no nursing needs so would not qualify.