I would like to agree with the above posts. BB you are not hard as nails. You are sensible, kind, practical and helpful to so many forum members. You and Jenny gave me such useful advice when I was caring for my mum and husband.
Sorry I don't know about any sensation being felt. My husband has vascular dementia and he doesn't really talk very much now, but hasn't indicated any pain or discomfort, only when catheter changed. At least your Dad has no infection and the doctor came out which is good.
My husband who is 85 has had a catheter for 2 years. He in increasingly getting a similar problem. Used to go normal 12 weeks and would have catheter replaced. Recently he gets some bypass, some urine in the bag and then all works ok for a few days. I wonder i the urethra has become stretched with i...
My mum had a stroke at 80, it meant she lost the use of her right side. Mum was in hospital for 3 months with very little physio, really concentrated on her speech, which recovered very well. Mum came to live with me and we had OTs and physios in for about 6 months, she didn't recover her mobility b...
This must be so hard for you especially because your wife is so young. My husband is 85 and has vascular dementia,so different situation. He sees people in his bedroom and odd birds in the garden. I just go along with him, but it doesn't worry me at all, although sometimes it is very strange. My hus...
Does that mean you have to inform DWP when your caree goes to respite? Why would you have to tell DWP if you leave your job? Both of these apply in my case, I wonder if I should tell them now!!
Hi, my husband had a few bouts of cellulitis and was hospitalised as rather poorly. He had to have antibiotics for at least two weeks at a time and I think two different sorts of antibiotics at the same time before he was clear. My husbands circulation in his legs was poor which didn't help. Hope yo...
If your mother is paying you £5,000 every 6 months, that is quite a bit more than the £120 a week that you can earn and still claim Carer's allowance. I know that for the hours you are working for your mum, what you are being paid is not a lot, but I wonder if there is another way around your situat...
I don't know if all councils do this, because my OH is disabled and our house has been adapted to suit him, we also get a band reduction, as well as disregard because he has Vascular Dementia.
I was told to change leg bag every 7 days, change from one leg to other at same time. I empty bag every 4-5 hours, depending on fluid intake. Also told to leave small amount of urine in leg bag to help avoid air lock.