Hi, my husband had a few bouts of cellulitis and was hospitalised as rather poorly. He had to have antibiotics for at least two weeks at a time and I think two different sorts of antibiotics at the same time before he was clear. My husbands circulation in his legs was poor which didn't help. Hope yo...
If your mother is paying you £5,000 every 6 months, that is quite a bit more than the £120 a week that you can earn and still claim Carer's allowance. I know that for the hours you are working for your mum, what you are being paid is not a lot, but I wonder if there is another way around your situat...
I don't know if all councils do this, because my OH is disabled and our house has been adapted to suit him, we also get a band reduction, as well as disregard because he has Vascular Dementia.
I was told to change leg bag every 7 days, change from one leg to other at same time. I empty bag every 4-5 hours, depending on fluid intake. Also told to leave small amount of urine in leg bag to help avoid air lock.
Hi Jason, sorry no more ideas. I can't see the pipe cleaner thing working as the hole that the urine goes through in tube in bladder is offset, so you would not be able to push debris out of the end, if that makes sense, I have no idea of anything that could be drunk to clear urine either. I would h...
Sorry, I've just reread your post, the leg bags we use are not coloured, but I don't think the leg bag being blue could cause blockages?
Never heard of pipe cleaner thingy to clean catheter, I don't think I'd be confident to try. Do the district nurses come out, they are usually very helpful with information on catheters. Do you mean the actual leg bag turns blue in colour after a few days? this sounds odd. I'd ring district nurses. ...
My Husband has had a catheter for about 18 months, it used to block every 3/4 weeks. Wash outs never worked so had to be changed fairly often. He now has a flip flow (tap above the leg bag) and I turn this tap off once a day for an hour or so, this lets the urine build up in his bladder, when the ta...
Christine, Does your Mother get Attendance Allowance? Why is your brother living bill free in your Mother's house, I hope your mother isn't still paying all the household bills?
Hi Christine, When my Mum lived with me in my house she too had 4x2 carer visits, Mum had to pay about £70 per week towards the care costs, this was out of her pensions & Attendance Allowance, but she was still left with roughly £190 per week, I can't imagine how you could be expected to top up home...