[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks for the replies which I am pleased to see echo my thoughts and sentiments. Not that it makes any difference but in comparison with Charles we are all Carers who run the group voluntarily, even to the extent that it often costs us personal money due to the inadequacy of funding, we do even ...
<t>We have always encouraged ex Carers to carry on belonging to our Group believing that they still need our support plus they can still play a role and contribute. A debate is now going on that this should not be a forever thing and there should be a cut off point. The other sticky point is should ...
If you are going to do any lifting or steadying you need the asssistance of your Social Worker to help you obtain a "Transfer Belt" but if you have a Crossroads in your area they offer tuition on lifting but again the Social Worker should be able to point you in the right direction.
In response to Catwhit, do you not have any Carers come in or do you not use Crossroads for relief or failing that have you not got a family member that can spare you 2 or 3 hours once a month?
<t>A simple yet complex question. Do you belong to a Carers Group?? We are trying to find answers to the old chestnut. Norfolk had over 81,000 Carers yet very very few are known and identified and this is also a national problem. Why? We have a very good supportive surgery and staff, we have annual ...
Image Image Image Image

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!
<t>In response to the posting by G. Herschel from Newcastle, I think we are at cross purposes here with our definitions of 'Carers groups'. Our's is a purely voluntary group run by and for Carers, the only funding we get is £250 per year from Social Services, everything else we raise from raffles...
<t>In reply to Charles, you are quite correct sir. I have said many times that although we complain about Social Services, here in Norfolk we do very well without any shadow of doubt.<br/> They have many good and dedicated people but nowhere near enough to cover a fraction of their needs and until t...
<t>Carers groups cannot possibly go out to Carers and nor can they arrange activities or speakers that will appeal to everyone. Groups are run by Carers for Carers and it is only by belonging that you can contribute and have an input into future arrangement that might be to your taste. Our group has...
<t>I have followed the postings that have been made and Marie66 echoes my views completely, we do spend an awful lot of time under one another's feet and conversation is hard to make very often. We can always go out anywhere together (Personal circumstances obviously come into play), shopping is an ...