[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Lesley Do you have a carers’ organisation in your local area? If you do, you can contact them for advice and support; even if it’s only to talk to someone about your situation, which can often help. You may also be able to get some information about respite care and carers’ breaks, etc. I joined ...
It’s a disabled parking bay, though, and the article seems to be relating to ordinary street parking situations...
Hi Is it ok to have a rant about parking? The council put a disabled parking bay outside our house for our grandson (although it can be used by other Blue Badge holders), ten years ago. Ever since, our next door neighbours have been a thorn in my side! Despite having two private parking places of th...
I had to retire early to care for my grandson, whom I love so dearly, when his father died. I do receive Carers Allowance and a small works pension, but I have, like so many other women, been denied my state pension until I am sixty-six. I don't believe this is fair on anyone, but I think those who ...
Dear Charli I, sadly, had many years of supporting my son through mental illness before losing him to suicide at the age of thirty-five four years ago. I truly understand what you and your family are going through. From my own experience, it does not really help to blame anyone, no matter how awful ...
I feel more reassured today; the framework has gone up and it looks much bigger.
Thanks, everyone. The O.T. apparently gave dimensions for wheelchair turning space, hoist tracking, etc., but it doesn't look big enough for wheelchair use and I would worry that it would be difficult for carers, too.
I think I will have to take this up with the O.T.
Hi Bowlingbun

The dimensions on the plans are 310mms (4ft 11ins) by 5250mms (8ft 2ins). It definitely doesn't look anything like that.
Hi

Our extension build for our grandson's downstairs bedroom and wetroom has finally begun.
I wonder if anyone can advise me on the size of the wetroom, as the foundations have now been dug for ours and the layout looks as if it will be very small (tiny!). I've added a picture.
Hi Jenny The bay was placed there at our request and has been there for about seven years. All th other neighbours respect it as being for the wee one. I spoke to the council as soon as this happened, but no-one has got back to me yet. The woman was in the bay today when we got home; she moved half ...