Thank you for the additional links, Sunnydisposition, & for your thoughts on this MumWhoCares. The idea of the "cave" to retreat to strongly appeals. This is something I've done myself over the years and I wonder about this as a family tendency - a protective, self nurturing thing rather than anythi...
Hello again & thank you for all your thoughts on this. I will follow up all the links and mull things over for a while. My son doesn't seem to be at risk, which was a concern previously, so it seems I have a bit of time on my hands to decide on how best to approach things and support him. One concer...
Many thanks. I feel I have a lot of thinking and reading to do. I also feel quite afraid as I really don't know what to expect for the future now. I look back trying to figure out what has been happening over the years but until very lately my impression had been that things were actually going smoo...
Hi Everyone, I'm very new to this as up until now it has been thought that my son has been affected by psychosis rather than autism and he has consequently been treated by the Early Intervention in Psychosis team for the past 3 1/2 years. Now they are saying that our son is actually much more likely...
Thanks MrsA, will have a look as I know so little that any leads might be useful just now.
Thanks Elaine. I'm not sure which direction to take. The CPN is getting us a couple of useful addresses for local groups that might be able to help, but there's nothing from the NHS. My son is quite defensive about his views now as they have been construed as psychotic delusions (by both ourselves a...
Hmm... I just went to what has turned out to be my last appointment with the psychiatrist. It was basically to let me know that my son will be being discharged but she just wanted to give me the opportunity to ask any questions or give any new information first. My son will have one last appointment...
I think the problem is that it would be our son who would be referred on and that, if asked, he'll say he'd prefer to just be discharged. Legally, their decision will be justifiable as he is deemed to have mental capacity. But what that means for an individual and family still in considerable distre...
The thought of my son being discharged from the early intervention service is quite troubling to me as, even though they've not been able to change things so far, I feel that this will be a break in the continuity he needs, that there will be no further help given without jumping through hoops to ge...
I suppose I have very mixed and conflicted feelings when it comes to acceptance, which to me seems to be a state which fluctuates rather then a destination or stage. Rationally I can see that this is just another shade of human suffering and that, within that, there are aspects of the carer's role t...