[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree!! I feel upset again after phoning J last night to see how she was. She said that C, the friend who I had phoned when I was concerned about her and who climbed through the window was her mainstay and had got the ball rolling. I am not downplaying what C did at all but it hurts that J is not ...
No, I haven't come across a willing slave to do everything for me yet:-)
I will look into this. Thank you for the info J phoned me last night. The friend I had asked if she could take bread to her had phoned her yesterday afternoon and said she couldn't do it after all and J said she had had to go for the bread on her own as there was no one to go with her even though it...
Thank you again for your supportive replies. I called J to say that her friend A will be calling this afternoon with her bread. I suggested that she asks whoever calls to see her if she needs anything, and that she gets some part baked bread in as it lasts for a long time till you open it and would ...
Yes, I would like to help my friend J to find carers/help. I have offered to phone for her to try and arrange this. At present she is relying on a neighbours, friends and her church. I went to see her yesterday and am phoning her on the other days to see if she is ok. At present she is having a rang...
Jenny-you are right about the emotional distance. Caring for dad was less painful as he and I were close and I loved him so much (though it was still difficult and very stressful.) Caring for mum was much harder as we had always had a difficult relationship. Being J.'s carer would be impossible. Yes...
BowlingBun-I spoke to someone at the hospital yesterday and they said that Social Services could offer no help as J. can wash and dress herself. This really shocked me, as she came so close to dying and I had expected that a close eye would be kept on her. I asked about help with housework and groce...
Thank you such lovely replies. I am feeling exhausted now and will reply tomorrow when I can give your messages the time and attention which they deserve.
Thank you for your very understanding reply. I had forgotten just how strong the feelings carers can have had been for me when I was caring for mum and dad and had even wondered at times afterwards why I had been so worked up back then. But this experience has really brought back to me those years i...
I have AS and I get like this a lot. (I am highly anxious about something now, which I have written about on another thread ). I have found that the only thing which helps me to calm down is to sort the situation/problem/issue out. Gilli, I am sorry that at work your son's employers are not aware ho...