[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just imagine when a doctor goes on his ward rounds he is heard saying to a nurse,
"When did this patient last do any exercise?"
"Why is she in bed when she could be sitting in a chair moving her arms
and legs about. I've told you about this before. Get it done, nurse!" :)
I can't understand why patients in hospital are not encouraged to move about as much as they are capable of doing. Take walks at least twice a day. or even just sit and move arms legs about within their capabilities. I walk an hour each day, including a hill climb. Also do some exercise indoors too,...
On the fifth day of Christmas, Santa gave to me,
Five uneaten meals to wash up,
Four loads of washing,
Three urine soaked garments,
Two quiet mins and a day off beside the sea.
Tinsel
K - Krackers……….well my spelling wasn't ever very good. :lol:
My foot.
Neighbour's husband, advanced dementia. Severe incontinence Stoke, went to hospital. Kept in for 3 weeks. Discharged 2 days ago with promise of 2 carers 3 times a day. Wife found that husband could no longer walk when he got home. Too weak. Carers left without helping as no hoist installed. Wife cal...
I am very sorry to hear of the death of your wife. I too lost mine 6 months ago of 60 years happy marriage. I would not worry about your wife's clothes etc. I haven't sorted my wife's out yet either after 6 months and don't intend to yet. I too said a little at her cremation but had an understanding...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Personally, I don't see a husband providing intimate care to his wife, or vice versa, a problem.
When I cared for my wifey I found parts she had I'd never handled before. :lol: