[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sorry No more Updates forthcoming - my mother passed away last month
Its all getting complicated and now in the hands of the solicitors although i don't see them putting up a fight
As advised in above posts I emailed Carers UK (Scotland) giving more details asking for advice but didn't get a reply.
Im just wondering if I sent to the right place as I accessed the email porthole on this site and thus unable to re-trace it.
Anyone got ant suggestions ?
J
Today I have emailed Carers UK (Scotland) giving more details asking for advice and will let you know the outcome. Basically it comes down to - If you have dementia you qualify for 100% Council Tax exemption but then if you have to sell your house to pay for care the "dementia exemption" is disregar...
I think the problem here might be because Mum is seen as having 2 properties in 2 different council areas. . The original family home didn't sell when a sheltered flat was bought before the move into residential care. I think Jonny is on the right track to have a discussion as to the situation they...
Thanks to all who have commented on this - much appreciated. UPDATE It appears that we have no exemption due to my Mothers dementia - When my mothers Dementia was progressing i bought a sheltered flat for to live in (in a different LA area from her own house) so she could be closer to me. At that ti...
What was wrong with mum - I'm wondering if she could have exemption on the grounds of "severe mental impairment". Have you asked the council to do a financial assessment, as mum is now paying for residential care, it might be that she doesn't need to pay due to financial circumstances? My Mum has D...
In short i have put my mother into private care (as her estate was over the threshold) and to cover the costs i have had to put her house up for sale. As the house is empty and has no furniture the council tax is zero. The house has been for sale for 6 months but unfortunately in the Scottish Border...
Thank you for your note Jenny and apologies for not saying so till now but I have been dealing with other matters while waiting to see what a Deferred Payment Agreement actually involves . I understand the principle - but still to see the draft from the LA so Im still in the dark. Just a shame I can...
Can I ask what is wrong with the parent concerned? If he/she has very serious health problems, be sure to google "NHS Continuing Healthcare Assessment Checklist" and also the relevant "Framework". It's a postcode lottery, but if the person qualifies, then care would be totally funded by the NHS. It...
Deferred Payment Method
Lots of info on Web but would like to hear of anyone's practical experience of using this method to pay for parental care ?
Thanks J