[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Im asking for advice about my situation. I have a adult son with fragile x syndrome and he lives fulltime with me at home. Anyway My daughter seems distressed recently because she feels she will have too look after him when i can't. I've assured her it's not expected of her , And supported living...
Thank you Elaine very kind to reply and offer advice.
Very much appreciated. :D
Hi everyone I have a question regarding assessments by LA. I realise that it is needs based but at these assessments how much support can you request. My circumstances are I care for adult dependant son with severe learning disability, he is 28. He does not want too leave home. I have health problem...
Hi there, can anyone offer advice. I live with adult son who is disabled, we are looking too get a private rent due to dreadful chronic ASB we've suffered for 5 yrs. I am his full time carer. Parent. Can anyone offer advice on applying for housing benefit, should I ask for a joint tenancy house cont...
Hi I was going too post a problem then thought you no what don't , don't give in to social workers, goverment bureaucrats who try and stop every bit of funding, or ideas to improve your loved ones lives. Don't stop trying.Don't give up. So I wish you all the best instead, hope you get some sleep.Som...
Thanks for replying to my post.
Hi Stephanie, thanks you so much for your reply and virtual hug to a stranger is amazing :D .I've briefly read your post and can imagine your days are tough and not sure how you cope either.My eldest son he's 29 has similar issues but also due to cannabis abuse for 15 years and we're estranged at th...
Hi and thanks for the welcome bowling bun, hope your days going ok, I've had a long battle with social services for the hours I receive on a direct payment .Only had help the last year was told I'm capable limited resources LA. :mad: I've had a Carer assessment awaiting results.Im waiting for counce...
Thank you all so much for your thoughtful replies, and my sincerest good wishes to you all in your caring roles whatever capacity they take .
It means so much to hear kind encouragement and good will shared here.And it gives me some hope.
Hi does anyone have advice based on their own experiance on how to cope with deciding to decrease caring role for adult Son with learning disabilities . I no that I can't carry on as I have I'm 46 .He won't go to respite so I've no idea how to deal with this. Ive cared for him virtually alone for 26...