I've heard that Monday is expected to be unusually sunny and warm, for February. They are predicting it might reach 17 degrees C (around 60 degrees F, I think?), in southern England, so might be quite spring like. I hope to potter about in my garden and enjoy the long awaited sunshine.
Susieq Sadly, Hubby is on lots of medication. 13 tabs a day if I'm correct. I don't feel even a small lager or glass of wine would be in his best interests. Would just love to treat him. There is a note on his door re food and a note in the kitchen. An apology via email. Unfortunately, today, he di...
SheWolf Anachronisms can be so annoying (but I except they can have there place.) What does YOLO mean? It reminds of being a kid and having the mass said in Latin. Sajehar - you're getting anachronisms confused with acronyms. Might be an idea to get a decent dictionary if you're going to be SM's ad...
J - does your father have dementia? If not, maybe it's time for some blunt talking, where you lay out what you are willing to do to help him, within certain boundaries, and set a few ground rules. You could say "I'll cook you a meal once a week, but on condition that you keep any negative comments a...
Great to hear your brother is on the mend, Sajehar. That must be a relief for you. As for modern acronyms, it is confusing trying to keep up with all the latest textspeak terms, but there are websites which list all the common ones. These days many people CBA to type full words, but it can grate whe...
We seem to have had a lot more foggy days this winter than we've seen for many years - or is that just my perception? I wonder if the fashion for using log burners has anything to do with the raised fog levels? (I'm thinking of all those foggy winters when I was a small child, when many people still...
Yes, it seems to be very common with people who have dementia, my father was the same. He would occasionally eat a proper meal, but most days he kept going by eating cake and biscuits, washed down with sweet tea. He sometimes enjoyed grapes too, and chocolate. The carers in the home were very good a...
Message deleted. I can take a hint.
Comment withdrawn.