Hi Leanne, great that you've found the forum and hopefully can have a chat with some of the members, Sometimes we have to offload onto someone who is not in the thick of your situation and although could never really understand what you are going through , at least are carers and we all need to stic...
Hi Jayne, my situation is nearly the same. My wife has survived a brain tumour and had 3 strokes. My point is that she has got gradually worse in the 10 years we have been together and now is forgetting things as your husband is. What I find hard is that she takes it out on me more and more and has ...
Hello, as you will be able to see from my posts I also suffer from depression so I have an idea of what you're going through. Like you I have very little support with my wife but it's amazing where we carers get the strength from. I found that once I had told friends of my illness it became a little...
Thank you Jenny, some wise words . I've tried letters and we had a long car journey when I possibly told her too much of the truth of why I left.

At least its off my chest. Thanks again.
Don't know if I can talk about this on here but I need to let it out. This is all my fault. My daughter stopped speaking to me when I left her mum in 1992. She was 14. About 3years later she would come in to my work and ask for money. It became a standing joke with my colleagues. I was then made red...
That's exactly my point Eun , I used to work as a self employed gardener. Over the last 5 year's the caring side of my commitments got greater and greater until I made the decision to give up my job to care for my wife.
Just received confirmation of this year's C A, advising me that I can earn up to £110.00 without affecting the allowance. Anyone else agree that it should be 2 tier for the carer's who care 24/7 and would love to be able to get out to work but are unable to do so.
Hello Ann, this is a great place to get things off you're chest and know you won't be judged by anyone.
Hi Zoe, my circumstances are different apart from the hospital bit. My then partner now wife was in our hospital stroke ward. All I seemed to do was argue with the nurses. I have the upmost respect for them but not enough of them. I asked to see Matron and all attitudes changed. I am pleased I have ...
Welcome to the forum William, I've found on here that no one has all of the answers but just to be able to communicate with like minded people is a great help. It's amazing where we all get the strength from and you probably feel the same. Keep up the great work.