[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
No to all of your question "bowlingbun".

We have been kind of left dangling in the wind for years.
Thanks for the link "Melly1".

I'm definitely going to seek help as I've been left with support for years. I've not had a proper break and need a time out from time to time.
Sorry about the late catch up. Managed to get my father admitted into hospital yesterday after the assessment team checked him over. Initially they suggested a 2hr request for an ambulance. But on receipt of blood test results an ambulance was sent immediately. It's transpired that no changes were m...
Suffice to say nothing. I managed to catch up with some of the assessment team but the information provided to them by his GP was it's no rush !!! I left four messages eventually someone called back. After speaking to someone they have suggested the more senior team will come out tomorrow as they ha...
I've been waiting all day and nothing has materialised. I called Doctor's asking when are the assessment team coming ? They don't know as their not privy to that information !!! I said do you know their working hours as you can establish if their going to come at all ? His doctor's are about as usef...
Operation cancelled today supposedly somebody more in need. Battling his GP to get his situation taken seriously. I've had enough going to change doctor's after this. The last time a Doctor treated things as frivously was in 1987 suggesting it's a migraine to my father and take a couple of paracetam...
Sorry for the late reply. He's 70 years old in a couple of months. He needs prompting and direction which he did not require before. I don't know whether it's memory loss or confidence lost due to his health. I also get the notion that I need to take care of myself as well. Thanks to all for the adv...
Yeah he has a community alarm pendant. It's the usual with a lot of the older generation as soon as you mention social work it's a no. In a lot of cases they are trying to bring all the bodies together to bring a unified service. Cooperation between OT, Physio, Social Work and Housing. But it's diff...
The hospital suggested to him about carers but he refused the suggestion. No discussion about my role. Occupational Therapy have provided a perch tool, bed grab rail and bannisters at the top of the stairs. Work is to be done outside the house as their are steps outside and railings need adjusted to...
Not an only child.
Rented House.
No Power Of Attorney
Less Than £23,000 in Savings
Late 40's.

My original message should have described the situation a bit clearer.